Offer published on Nov 14
Responsible for the preventive maintenance of hotel guest rooms, public spaces, and all related equipment, following company and brand standards, to ensure high standards of maintenance and guest satisfaction.
- Maintain work order system, as well as completing work orders on a timely basis.
- Work with Chief Engineer and Management team to identify and accomplish all technical and skilled related projects, including but not limited to:
- Guest room repair issues (caulking, tile repair, painting, appliances, etc)
- Carpet repair; floor tile repair.
- Basic plumbing repairs.
- Basic electrical repairs.
- Painting, minor roof repairs, and other exterior projects.
- Pool and exercise room / equipment repairs.
- Assist in the monitoring of Hotel key control system.
- Complete guest room checklist as scheduled.
- Report completed guest room care maintenance to Chief Engineer.
- Maintain a current inventory of parts and materials.
- Check exterior grounds, fences, lighting for upkeep requirements as needed.
- Preventive maintenance of HVAC equipment, clean coils and filters as needed.
- Responsible for pool maintenance procedures; read and supply chemicals to system.
- Check smoke alarms on a regular schedule.
- Assist Chief Engineer in identifying persistent, consistent, or major maintenance problems.
- Communicate to the requesting party the completion of maintenance requests.
- Carry out any reasonable request courteously and politely.
- Manage waste removal during regular walk-through of hotel’s public areas.
- Ensure daily cleaning of all fireplaces.
- Removal of all snow from entries, stairs, terraces etc. as needed.
- Ensure the regular cleaning of garages.
· Able to work independently with minimum supervision.
· Able to communicate effectively both written and verbal.
· Able to communicate effectively with other associates, as well as guests.
· Able and willing to respond to emergency situations on short notice.
· Individuals must be service and detail oriented.
· Must comply with all department, hotel, and corporate standard operating procedures.
· Responsible for knowing Hotel emergency procedures.
· Be readily available/ approachable for all guests.
· Answer guest questions regarding Hotel and local area facilities and services.
· Take proactive approaches when dealing with guest concerns. Follow property specific second effort and recovery plan.
· Ensure staffing levels allow team members to exceed guest needs.
· Extend professionalism and courtesy to guests at all times.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of supportive functions, determined by the GM:
· The hotel operates 7 days a week, 24 hours a day. Schedules must accommodate fluctuating business demands and associates may be asked to work shifts other than those they prefer or normally work.
· Carry out all reasonable requests by leadership team.
· Comply with department uniform and appearance standards.