The Courtyard Marriott is located in the heart of Montreal, near the Palais des congrès, a few minutes from the most famous underground city in the world, Place des Arts, shops and boutiques on the effervescent rue Ste-Catherine and the Old -Montreal. The hotel offers 212 spacious rooms, conference rooms, indoor swimming pool and whirlpool, exercise room as well as a restaurant and lounge bar.
· Do general maintenance such as carpentry, minor repairs or other more or less complex work.
· Maintain in good order all areas of the hotel and rental apartment building, including fixtures, furniture, appliances and the swimming pool.
· Ensure the maintenance and proper functioning of the various systems (electricity, heating, plumbing, piping, air conditioning, ventilation).
· Contribute to home improvement projects and upgrades.
· Perform regular preventive maintenance checks in all areas, rooms, public spaces and all other equipment.
· Respond to service calls.
· Carry out prevention rounds.
· Perform landscaping work.
· Communicate with customers to meet their needs.All other related tasks.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
· Experience in building mechanics.
· Knowledge of carpentry, painting, plaster, plumbing, heating, washer & dryer repair, ventilation and electrical systems.
· Minimum of 3 years of experience in a similar position.
· Must be in good physical shape (ability to lift 50-75 lbs).
· Oral and written communication skills in French and English.
· Must be able to handle priority tasks in a high volume environment.
· Must be available to work variable shifts (day, evening, weekend).
· Customer service skills.
· Ability to work at height.
· Demonstrate analytical skills.
· Demonstrate an organizational capacity.
· Use good judgment.
· Take decisions.
· Resolve problems.
· Demonstrate professional conscience.
· Exercise professional leadership.
· Respect the policies and procedures of the organization.
* Our organization is an employer aware of professional fairness and is committed to recruiting a diverse workforce and maintaining an inclusive culture. The use of the masculine is only used for the purpose of simplifying the text. We do not discriminate on the basis of gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, age, disability or any other basis protected by provincial or federal laws.