The Hotel Novotel Montreal Airport is looking for a Hotel Maintenance Manager to take care of the hotel’s infrastructure (e.g. buildings, electricity.) In this role, you should be organized and proactive. Familiarity with electrical, plumbing and HVAC systems is essential. If you’re also committed to meeting health and safety standards, we’d like to meet you.
Your goal will be to ensure our hotel premises are safe and functional for guests and employees alike.
· Inspect hotel regularly to ensure it meets safety standards
· Arrange for routine maintenance in hotel rooms, lobbies and facilities (e.g. kitchens, pool and fitness center)
· Organize repair projects in a manner that does not disturb guests
· Act fast to resolve emergency issues (e.g. power outages)
· Find ways to reduce hotel operating costs and conserve energy
· Manage relationships with contractors and service providers
· Maintain budgets, expenses and activity logsRequirements
· In-depth knowledge of health and safety regulations
· Familiarity with plumbing, electrical, sewer and HVAC systems
· Experience in administrative processes (e.g. budgeting, preventive maintenance program)
· Ability to spot safety risks and address needs quickly
· Problem-solving aptitude
· Excellent organizational and leadership skills
· High school diploma or equivalent and any proven related job experience