Reporting to the National Maintenance Manager and General Manager of the hotel, the Maintenance Manager performs indoor and outdoor general maintenance in addition to their administrative management. He must be able to coordinate and perform mechanical tasks of building, electrical, plumbing, painting and various minor repairs and monitor the budget for his department. He will manage the suppliers and subcontractors. Additionally, he will coordinate his work with other hotel departments.
Description of principal responsibilities:
- Elaborate appropriate maintenance procedures and put them into effect
- Inspect hotel regularly to identify and resolve issues, preventatively when possible
- Verify electric and hydraulic systems of the building to ensure their good functioning
- Plan and supervise all maintenance, repair and installation activities
- Distribute workload and supervise maintenance staff
- Keep equipment and supplies inventories up to date and place orders when necessary
- Monitor costs and budget for all building maintenance
- Maintain relationships with all suppliers and contractors
- Keep maintenance records and issue report of daily activities
- Ensure that Health and Safety Policies and procedures are respected
- Diploma in Building management or equivalent.
- Power engineer or equivalent, an asset
- 5 years of experience
- Requirements: Good physical, independence, resourcefulness, excelling sense of customer service, ability to manage staff. Being able to use a computer.
- Must be able to get on site at any time
- Requested language: English, French an asset