Responsible for overseeing major mechanical systems, preventative maintenance programs, as well as the appearance and physical operation of the Hotel building, Restaurant building, and exterior grounds of the property.
- Developing and maintaining of our guest rooms, public areas and safety systems; while working closely with all related hotel departments.
- General Plumbing tasks as needed to repair sinks, toilets, tubs and showers
- Schedule renovation projects and Upgrades
- Maintain buildings and grounds, including the hotel building and the restaurant building as well as the hotel pool.
- Monitor and coordinate the services performed by outside contractors in accordance to all contracts, leases, service agreements and warranties.
- Ensure timely response to requests for service by guests, employees and management to include repair or replacement of all interior fixtures and furnishings.
- Schedule all work to be done on a daily basis at a minimum inconvenience to guests and colleagues
- Maintain appropriate equipment operating logs as detailed in the operations manual.
- Maintain utility consumption records
- Maintain adequate inventory of parts, tools and supplies
- Co-ordinate annual fire and safety equipment inspection
- Maintain a clean and orderly work area free of hazards.
- Perform scheduled preventative maintenance checks throughout all areas (rooms and public spaces) and for all equipment
- Knowledge in carpentry, painting, drywall, plumbing, heating, cooling, washing machines/dryers, ventilation systems, electrical and HVAC
- Minimum 5 years experience in similar job or similar task related position
- Candidate must be physically fit (capable of lifting 50-100lbs)
- Must be able to effectively communicate in both French/English
- Must be capable of handling multiple priority tasks in a high volume environment
- Must be willing to work shift work, days, evenings and weekends
- Customer service skills and experience are required as the position deals with guests and the public