Offer published on Feb 12
The Humaniti Hotel Montreal is the very first Autograph Collection by Marriott hotel to establish itself in Quebec, in all its grace and sophistication. Open since June 2021, the hotel is located in the heart of a vertical community that includes condos, residences, offices, two restaurants, a lounge, a bakery, a health centered grocery store, a fitness center, meeting rooms and spa. Experience hospitality at its finest and discover an innovative concept that celebrates the art of living in all its forms. Simply exceptional, the Humaniti Hotel Montreal is a next-generation hotels for true global citizens. A unique hotel that subtly permeates an ecosystem rich in experiences, inspiring design, and a fascinating way of life.
Join the Humaniti community!
Here are the benefits and privileges offered to you by the Humaniti Hotel:
• Thrive within a positive, friendly, and dynamic team in a beautiful environment.
• The opportunity to take on new challenges and advance your career across North America.
• Employee benefits, such as life, disability, medical, and dental insurance partially covered by the employer.
• Retirement plan with employer contributions.
• Various employee recognition programs.
• Various training programs.
• Discounts within our hotel chain.
We are looking for a maintenance assistant director who will be responsible for managing the operations of the maintenance department and tasked with participating in the execution of all tasks related to the technical maintenance of the building to offer our clientele a flawless product in line with the standards of the chain.
Our maintenance assistant director will work together with the rest of the maintenance team to deliver impeccable service to our guests, reflecting our DNA: evolved, captivating, and connected. At the Humaniti Hotel Montreal, we are seeking individuals who have a deep understanding of human interactions and will deliver an experience in line with our wellness concept to our customers.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Support, supervise, and guide the maintenance team.
• Participate in the hiring and training of the maintenance team and ensure daily monitoring of the learning progress.
• Ensure that the maintenance team has the necessary tools for the smooth operation of operations.
• Achieve departmental performance objectives, including guest and employee satisfaction, budget compliance, etc.
• Manage daily activities by ensuring their quality, adherence to standards, and guest satisfaction.
• Ensure the smooth running of departmental operations by planning work and that of the team based on priorities and emergencies (inspections, major works, renovations, etc.).
• Direct maintenance and repair work on machinery, equipment, and electrical and mechanical systems.
• Respond to emergencies, both technical and practical, for internal and external clientele.
• Implement a preventive maintenance program and ensure its completion daily.
• Keep emergency procedures up to date and provide training accordingly.
• Responsible for departmental budget tracking.
• May be called upon to perform tasks of department technicians as needed.
• Progressive management of disciplinary situations.
• Conduct performance evaluations and build plans with each team member.
• Offer a service that exceeds the expectations of our guests and convey this quality of service to the entire team.
• Responsible for enforcing hotel standards and policies.
• Ensure smooth service coordination with different hotel departments.
• Build an environment where trust, respect, and cooperation prevail throughout the team.
• Ensure the mobilization and recognition of the entire team.
Skills and Requirements
• Degree in a field related to building maintenance or an equivalent combination.
• (5) years of experience in the field of technical maintenance.
• Excellent organizational skills, prioritization, and outstanding customer service.
• Excellent ability to establish and maintain good business relationships with other departments and external stakeholders.
• Ability to work under pressure and manage stress.
• Willingness to respond to emergencies.
• Leadership, proactivity, initiative, and autonomy.
• Strong personnel management skills.
• Availability during the day, evening, and weekends.
· Bilingualism (French and English).
· Experience with Marriott chain hotels, an asset.