Maintenance and Pest Control Assistant
POSITION: Maintenance & Pest Control Assistant
At Mountain Park Lodges, we are committed to providing for the safety and comfort of our guests. The Maintenance Assistant will be responsible for assisting Mountain Park Lodges maintain this high standard of quality. The position is dynamic, and each day includes variety in regards to the duties performed. A day in this position can include inspecting rooms, property hazard assessments or completing paperwork and other administrative duties. The ideal candidate for this role must be self-motivated, hardworking, detail oriented, and comfortable working independently with minimal supervision.
· Assist Property Services Technician with pest control measures for the seven MPL hotels and staff accommodation buildings, including responding to concerns, inspecting premises to identify the source and extent of pest activity, and spraying chemicals as needed under supervision.
· Pest preventative maintenance including routine inspections of problem areas.
· Assist the Chief Engineer and Plumber/Gas Fitter with administrative duties, including invoicing & purchase order processing.
· Cover maintenance shifts as required (7:00am-3:00pm or 3:00pm-11:00pm).
· Health & safety duties including monitoring hazardous materials, MSDS sheets & completion of property hazard assessments.
· Attendance and participation in the monthly Health & Safety Committee meetings.
· Encourage and participate in safe work practices.
· Assist other departments as required, including accounting, guest services, etc.
· Other duties as assigned by the Chief Engineer.
· Grade 12 Diploma combined with equivalent experience is an asset.
· Must be prepared to begin working towards Pesticide Applicators certificate.
· Valid driver’s license and clean driving abstract.
· Creative thinking and problem-solving skills.
· Ability to manage large workloads and demands, and effectively multitask.
· Self-starter who is able to work independently with minimal supervision.
· Eager to learn and grow as a member of our dynamic team.
· Possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills.