We are looking for a new chef to ensure the smooth running of the kitchen in our reputed restaurant located in Old Montreal. The ideal candidate is a positive leader who will excel in managing his kitchen and brigade. Using his culinary creativity, he will continuously innovate to offer an extraordinary experience to our guests.
Essential job functions:
- Achieve an exceed targets for food costs, labor and established operational expenses ;
- Design all menus taking into account current costs and trends in food preparation and presentation;
- Manage food inventories and product purchases according to restaurant and company procedures;
- See to the hiring, training and mobilization of the kitchen brigades, dishwashing, the banquets and the terrace;
- Ensure compliance with various kitchen regulations such as occupational safety, health and food safety, etc.
Required skills and qualifications :
- At least 5 year’ experience as a restaurant Chef;
- Significant experience in the restaurant industry;
- Leadership, decision-making skills and a high tolerance for stress;
- Excellent communicator with employees, colleagues, guests and the media;
- Flexible availability (days, evenings and weekends);