Junior Sushi Chef (part time)
Must have well-rounded knowledge of Sushi, Sashimi and Teppanyaki cooking preparation and service. Prepares Japanese Sushi specialties and other items in front of guests with flair and engaging customer interaction. Possesses strong leadership qualities and communication skills both written and verbal. Works within the station in clean safe and efficient manner in accordance with the policy’s procedures and standards of the kitchen.
Hotel Overview: Located in the heart of downtown Toronto, The Fairmont Royal York is within walking distance to the business and theatre districts and the city's best shopping and dining. Having hosted more than 40 million guests since it opened its doors in 1929, The Fairmont Royal York continues to represent the epitome of hospitality. With 1365 guest rooms, 70,000 square feet in 34 conference and banquet rooms, and over 1200 colleagues, The Fairmont Royal York depicts the elegance of its past while providing the finest conveniences for today's travelers.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Executive Chef and Restaurant Manager, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Review the daily business requirements and prepares the necessary food items in accordance with standards in a timely and efficient fashion to ensure that there is no interruption to guest service.
- Adhere to standardized recipes and specifications in order to maintain consistency and ensure all standards are met
- Keeps work station clean and organized including fridge’s/freezers, countertops and stove tops
- Ensures that station opening and closing procedures are carried out to standard
- Keeps overproduction and food waste to a minimum, ensures proper rotation, labeling, and storing of food in order to reduce food cost expense.
- Operate all kitchen equipment and conduct themselves with safety in mind at all times
- Ensures that all food products are handled, stored, prepared and served safely in accordance with hotel and government Food Safety guidelines.
- Report any and all deficiencies in kitchen equipment functionality and quality of food products to Benihana Manager/Sous chef in a timely fashion
- Complete other job related duties as assigned by your supervisor
- Assumes responsibility for the basic operations of station
- Production of the necessary food items in accordance with Fairmont Standards in a timely and efficient fashion to ensure that there is no interruption to guest service.
- Liaises with Benihana Manager as needed
- Minimum 5 years experience as a sushi chef.
- Experience in a luxury hotel with comparable service and standards an asset
- Valid City of Toronto Food Handler Certificate required
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Aspires to become a Senior Sushi Chef
- Flexible availability: Fridays, Saturdays and one other day of availability from Tuesday to Thursday (meal periods: Lunch and/or Dinner)
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
- Constant standing and walking throughout shift
- Frequent lifting and carrying up to 50 lbs
- Occasional kneeling, pushing, pulling
- Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps
Visa Requirements: Must already be legally permitted to work in Canada.
APPLY TODAY: Whether you’re launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit http://www.fairmontcareers.com/ to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts—and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
Fairmont Hotels and Resorts believes in outstanding hospitality. We are committed to respecting the independence and dignity of all persons by providing a barrier-free environment for all guests, colleagues, and job applicants. Accommodations are available upon request for all applicants with a disability throughout the recruitment process. Please contact Human Resources at 416-860-4512 or email@example.com if you require accommodation.
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That’s why you'll find exceptional work opportunities—throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific—as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London’s The Savoy, New York’s The Plaza, and Shanghai’s Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award-winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!