Housekeeping supervisor - Ottawa
With the resumption of activities in the region, GDI Hotel Services is looking for a Supervisor for its business partner, the Hilton Garden Inn Ottawa Downtown.
Working full-time under the responsibility of the Director of Housekeeping, the Housekeeping Supervisor will have the following responsibilities, among others:
- Ensure that all guest rooms meet the standards set by hotel management.
- Keep all documentation distributed in the rooms up to date in order to respect established standards;
- Ensure the proper functioning and safety of equipment used by staff and customers; and if applicable, complete and send a repair order to the maintenance department.
- Check and note any repairs or damage found in the Hotel, both in rooms and in public places; and if applicable, complete and send a repair order to the maintenance department;
- Attend the weekly housekeeping department meeting.
The supervisor will receive training on the new hotel cleaning standards related to COVID-19. Personal protective equipment will also be provided.Requirements
DEC in hotel management an asset
Minimum 1 year of experience in housekeeping and / or supervision
Bilingualism (French-English) written and oral, required
Skills for human resources management
Great attention to detail
Aptitudes for teamwork
Time and priority management
Dynamic, diplomatic, responsible, positive
The salary, benefits and bonus scale for this position will be adjusted according to the qualifications and relevant experience of the person selected. In addition to competitive compensation, GDI Services offers an annual bonus, highly competitive benefits, continuing education, a unique in-house career advancement program and endless opportunities within a thriving pan-Canadian hotel industry organization.
GDI Services combines the highest quality maintenance services with the expertise of personnel management in order to offer hotel administrators an optimal organization.
It allows for simplified management, while offering its staff competitive employment conditions, opportunities to progress in rewarding and high-quality environments, as well as the recognition of individual achievements, a guarantee of success.
For more information on GDI Services, visit www.gdi.com
A background check will be performed on all potential candidates qualified for this position.
The masculine gender is only used to lighten the text.
Only successful candidates will be contacted.