WHAT WE OFFER:
- Group insurances paid 50% by the employer
- Access to the hotel gym according to occupancy
- Employee referral program
- Employee Assistance Program for team member and their family
- Promotional rate to discover Germain Hôtels properties through Canada
- Opportunities to develop your career within a growing company across Canada
The Housekeeping supervisor, under the direction of the Housekeeping Manager is responsible for the day to day operations while delivering the highest level of guest service and ensuring that the high standards of cleanliness are maintained
· Coordinates work activities of room attendants and housemen.
· Prepares work assignments based on priority.
· Inspect work to ensure all standards are met.
· Updates of rooms that are ready for occupancy.
· Work hand in hand with the front desk team to help determine the priorities.
· Work along side the maintenance team to ensure the rooms are in pristine condition.
· Investigates complaints regarding housekeeping service and equipment, and takes corrective action.
· Performs cleaning duties in cases of emergency
· Organizes dry cleaning and pressing maintenance operation.
· Issues supplies and equipment to workers.
· Performs stock inventory to ensure adequate supplies.
· Examines building to determine need for repairs or replacement of furniture or equipment, and makes recommendations to management.
· Conducts orientation training for room attendants and housemen to explain policies, work procedures, high standards and to demonstrate use and maintenance of equipment.
· Complies with the Alt Hotel policies, procedures and code of ethics.
· Performs any and all other tasks assigned by management.Requirements
· Degree or Diploma in Hospitality Management or equivalent experience
· Proven ability to supervise, lead and motivate a team
· Able to effectively communicate in English, both verbally and in writing
· Able to work under pressure and stand for a long period of time
· Problem solving skills, as well as the ability to work quickly and multi-task
· Good computer knowledge specifically with Word, Excel, Outlook and Opera an asset.