OVERVIEW OF THE POSITION
The Housekeeping Supervisor assists the Director and Assistant Director of the department in the supervision and management of all aspects of the hotel’s housekeeping operations, which includes rooms, public areas, laundry, and the assigned staff. Responsible for the fluidity of the operations of the department while respecting the standards of the chain. Pay particular attention to safety, security and protection of property.
· Establish and maintain the highest level of cleanliness in all rooms and public areas of the hotel and apply company standards.
· Department openings and closures;
· Conduct inspections of rooms, corridors and public and common areas of the hotel.
· Carry out the priorities for the day with room attendants and team members to ensure excellent customer service;
· Assist management in the management of routine cleaning plans to ensure that all furniture, trimmings, carpets and linings are maintained at the highest level.
· Monitor housekeeping procedures that promote the health and safety of all guests and staff, such as lost and found items, key controls, and security and emergency procedures.
· Implement health and safety policies and procedures. Report and modify immediately, if possible, all health and safety hazards;
· Constantly monitor dangerous or questionable situations that may endanger guests and hotel staff and react accordingly;
· Understand the department's budget to ensure proper management of the department;
· Maintain the inventory of room and public area supplies;
· Participating in uniform checking;
· Maintain the inventory of bedding and towels;
· Assist the Director and the Assistant Director in managing certain aspects of human resources within the department, including recruitment, performance management, assigned tasks, team development and training
· Participate in management team meetings;
· Participate in departmental meetings with the Housekeeping Director;
· Understand, master and respect the collective agreement in force;
· Perform all other related duties.Requirements
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
· High school or post-secondary diploma and 2 years of experience in housekeeping management or related professional field
· Degree from a college or university recognized in the field of hotel management
· Experience in hotels or a related field preferred;
· Housekeeping experience required
COMPETENCIES, SKILLS AND SKILLS
· Must be able to read, write,and speak French and English
· Must be professional at all times;
· Develop a positive and enthusiastic leadership to foster cohesion and collaboration between teams and colleagues;
· Interact with others with the intention of establishing positive and constructive working relationships;
· Able to work under pressure, have a sense of urgency and be able to manage priorities;
· Able to communicate ideas and concepts clearly, in writing and orally;
· High organizational capacity to work with tight deadlines and regular follow-up;
· Able to evaluate different options presented and make a thoughtful and informed decision in a timely manner;
· Capable d’identifier des opportunités et des problèmes quand ils surgissent, ou les prévenir et prendre les mesures nécessaires pour les résoudre ;
· Be sympathetic in situations of conflict in the workplace and able to overcome obstacles;
· Capable of understanding complex information from different sources and analyzing, adjusting or modifying them according to specific constraints or needs;
· Ability to listen, understand and clarify information and queries from colleges, tenants or clients;
· Ability to understand and analyze basic financial data (budget);
· Knowledge of basic computer software (MS Office ®, e-mail, internet, management database);
· Ability to occasionally lift loads of 10 to 25 pounds and / or ability to carry, push, pull or move items of 50 pounds frequently.
* Our organization is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. We do not discriminate on the basis of gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, age, disability or any other basis protected under provincial or federal laws.