Hostel Services Director
Quebec City, QC
Job Title: Director of Services
Employment status: Full time
Activity sector: Lodging - Coffee / Bar - Housekeeping
Work shift: Day, during the weekends
Number of hours: 35 to 40 hours a week
Salary: To be discussed according to experience
Start date of employment: As soon as possible
Plan, organize, direct and control the hospitality, coffee and bar activities to meet the needs and expectations of travelers.
Ensure the efficiency and the profitability of the service.
Ensure the follow-up and development in the short, medium and long term of files and projects related to his sector.
Responsibilities and tasks:
• Manage the reception and rooms of the Auberge;
• Control the quality of services and the organization of services;
• Ensure control of customer service;
• Integrate security issues into operations with the DG;
• Ensure the proper management of material, financial and technical resources;
• Develop and update procedures;
• Analyse and solve, together with other managers and employees, various operational problems.
• Apply the working methods related to coffee / bar operations
• Analyse, research and prepare files necessary for the improvement of operations;
• Manage complaints in accordance with the directives of the management
• Coordinate with other services.
• In charge of inventory management for the bar and bistro.
Human Resource Management
• Supervise the reception staff, the bistro and the coordination of the activities;
• Establish the staff work schedules in the assigned departments;
• Ensure the recruitment and training of assigned staff;
• Evaluate the performance of assigned staff;
• Act as a resource person for employees;
• As such, inform them of policies, procedures and regulations;
• Ensure open and fast communication with employees to support them in their daily tasks;
• Report to the Director General on the activities of the staff under his / her responsibility.
To carry out these activities, the incumbent will have the following qualifications and knowledge:
- In-depth knowledge in hotel management;
- Fluent in French and ability to speak other languages a plus
- Good knowledge of health and safety at work;
- Basic knowledge of accounting;
- Excellent customer management ability;
- Excellent organizational and organizational skills
- Excellent analytical ability
- Excellent teamwork ability;
- Excellent listening skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent collaborative ability
- Excellent decision-making ability
- Excellent problem solving ability
- Good computer skills
- Excellent planning ability