Host & Hostess - Full-Time
Host and Hostess - Full-Time
For those who dream of being somewhere else, Nordik Spa Nature is a haven of well-being. Offering the largest selection of mind and body wellness experiences in North America, Nordik Nature Spa allows you to reconnect with the elements, with each other and with yourself. It offers a refuge from modern life and a chance to give life a break.
When you work at Nordik Spa-Nature, you don't just earn a job, you find a family. We pride ourselves on having one of the warmest and most welcoming communities and our guests truly appreciate it. We strive to provide excellent care to our guests and ensure the well-being of our employees who are our craftsmen.
Who we are
Our mission is to give our guests a moment of respite by providing a refuge from the pressures of modern life where they can rediscover their own well-being and, as a result, live happier, longer lives. Your role as a craftsman in our nature spa is to cultivate peace. Here at Nordik Spa-Nature, we are a passionate and dedicated team. We are always enthusiastic, helpful, conscientious, discreet and above all respectful. We care deeply about each and every guest and fellow craftsman in our wellness spa.
What we want
Under the supervision of the Restaurant Manager, the Host/Hostess welcomes guests, guides them to a table, hands out menus, ensures that they have everything they need during their meal and greets them as they leave the dining room. He/she also assists the waiters and/or bartenders in the service process (refreshing water glasses, clearing tables, cleaning and preparing tables, etc.). The Host/Hostess is an important part of the food service team in terms of teamwork and customer experience.
What you will do
- Greet guests at the restaurant and assist them in assigning a table according to their needs and requests;
- Assign tables in rotation through the different sections;
- Present menus to guests by giving general information and answering questions;
- Know the products / different menus (alcohol, food, etc.);
- Knowing the different seating plans, table numbers, different sections;
- Make rounds to refresh water glasses, clear empty tables or plates when guests have finished their meal;
- Clean and set tables with dishes, utensils and glasses for future guests;
- Ensure good communication with the servers to maintain excellent quality and service;
- Participate in the tasks of cleaning the premises and maintaining the order and cleanliness of the restaurant and the service area by respecting the standards of hygiene and healthiness of the MAPAQ;
- In collaboration with the bar attendant, ensure that everything is in place for the team;
- Maintain, control and rotate the products in the cellars and refrigerators
- Restock the points of sale (beer, wine, juice, straws, ice cream etc.)
- Receive and put away orders for alcohol and non-alcoholic beverages
- Ensure cleanliness, collect empty glasses on site;
- Sort out the empty bottles
- Relevant experience in customer service and/or food service;
- Bilingualism is required (English/French);
- Good team spirit;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Multidisciplinarity is essential;
- Good stress management skills;
- Interpersonal skills and high level of customer service;
- Resourcefulness, autonomy; Attention to detail;
- Able to work long hours on your feet;
- Certification in hygiene and sanitation from MAPAQ is an asset;
According to the salary scale in effect plus the social benefits related to Nordik Spa-Nature.
Variable schedule during weekdays, weekends, days and evenings and holidays.
Send us your resumé and cover letter by visiting our web site in the career section