Heavy-duty maintenance technician 19,64/
h Full time
The Courtyard Marriott is in the heart of Montreal, near the Palais des Congrès, a few minutes from the most famous underground city in the world, Place des Arts, the shops and boutiques on the effervescent rue Ste-Catherine and the Vieux -Montreal. The hotel offers 212 spacious rooms, conference rooms, indoor swimming pool and whirlpool, exercise room as well as a restaurant, a lounge bar and an Illy coffee counter.
Heavy-duty maintenance technician
As a heavy-duty maintenance technician, reporting to the Director of maintenance, the heavy-duty maintenance technician is responsible for carrying out various maintenance/ cleaning tasks in the spaces according to the established schedule as well as cleaning and maintaining the premises and the grounds, in order to keep the exterior and interior spaces in good, clean condition. You will be called upon to carry out the repairs, installations and inspections necessary for the maintenance of the building and the equipment.
· Keep entrances and accesses to the property clean and safe.
· Remove snow and/or salt exterior entrances (Winter).
· Remove the winter protections and open the courtyard in the Spring.
· Close the courtyard at the end of the season and install winter protection.
· Maintain the outdoor landscaping; mow the lawn, trim the hedges and shrubs, sweep the area, do the gardening and maintain the flowers and plants.
· Assist and remove waste containers with the team of maintenance technicians.
· Change light bulbs in common areas.
· Sweep, clean or vacuum compactor rooms, storage rooms, electrical rooms, recycling room, ventilation grills, garage area, garage doors, gates, access ramps, cargo dock, pipes, walls and storage rooms, exterior entrances, fire escapes.
· Collaborate with housekeeping to clean the necessary areas.
· Arrange the equipment in the appropriate places and take care of the equipment made available to you.
· Pay attention to the security of the building, equipment, fire, theft and vandalism.
· Contribute to projects and upgrades.
· Participate in the general maintenance of the rooms during the major cleaning project.
· All other related tasks.Requirements
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
· Minimum of 2 years of experience in a similar position.
· High school diploma.
· DEP in general building maintenance (an asset).
· Knowledge of WHMIS (an asset).
· Must be in good physical shape (ability to lift 50-75 lbs).
· Oral and written communication skills in French and English.
· Must be able to handle priority tasks in a high-volume environment.
· Mainly daytime work but must be available to work on various shifts on occasion (day, evening, weekend).
· Indoor and outdoor work (4 seasons).
· Concern for a job well done.
· Ability to adapt, team spirit.
· Customer service skills.
· Ability to work with heights.
· Demonstrate rigor and attention to detail.
· Demonstrate professionalism.
· Comply with organizational policies and procedures.
* Our organization is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to recruiting a diverse workforce and maintaining an inclusive culture. The use of the masculine is only used for the purpose of lightening the text. We do not discriminate based on gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, age, disability, or any other basis protected by state or federal law.