Offer published on Mar 08
About Hôtel Nelligan
Located in the heart of Old Montreal, Hotel Nelligan is a timeless place where guests and locals have gathered & stayed for the last 20 years. The hotel has kept its original stone & brick walls, making it a place where history and modernity collide. Luxurious amenities and dedicated staff ensure guests a truly sublime stay.
Under the supervision of the Director of Front office, the potential candidate has an innate sense of hospitality and will deploy the necessary efforts so that his team make the experience of the guests unforgettable. It is organized and evolves with ease in a dynamic environment punctuated by periods of great activity. Warm, discreet, and enthusiastic, the head valet participates actively in the orchestration of the memorable stay by the quality of the welcome offered by his team and his ability to manage the priorities.
Essential job functions:
• Supervise and train the team of valets;
• Ensure the effectiveness and proactivity of its team;
• Manage and maximize parking spaces;
• Ensure the cleanliness of the reception area, the parking lot and the setpoint;
• Participate in the valet service;
• Ensure that the equipment necessary for the proper operation of the service is available;
• Raise awareness and enforce health and safety standards;
• Maintain an excellent relationship with the various departments of the hotel as well as with all external services;
• Offer attentive and personalised service at all times;
• Participate in the management of schedules with the director of the reception;
• Perform any other tasks required to ensure the quality of the customer's experience during his stay at the hotel.
Qualifications and skills required:
• Valid Class 5 driver's licence and impeccable driving record;
• Ability to drive a vehicle with manual transmission and to manoeuvre it in confined spaces;
• 1 to 2 years of experience as a valet;
• Passion for customer service;
• Excellent management of priorities and high capacity to plan;
• Positive leadership;
• Ability to delegate effectively;
• Experience in a team leader position (asset);
• Good capacity and physical endurance;
• Knowledge of the immediate region and tourist points of interest;
• Flexible availability (days, evenings and weekends);
• Perfectly bilingual;
• Neat presentation;
• Hotel training (asset).