Offer published on Sep 05
About Corner Collection
Born in Montreal, Corner Collection believes that moments of happiness are the essence of life. Corner is an award-winning collection of boutique hotels, restaurants and spas that awaken the senses with experiences that feed the soul.
With over 45 years of experience in the hotel, restaurant and wellness industry, Corner Collection plays a key role in the development of Old Montreal.
Working at Corner Collection means creating exceptional moments, together.
Working at Corner has its advantages! We believe in the importance of a healthy work/life balance by giving you access to the essentials of daily life and adding recreational discounts on Corner services and neighbourhood partners.
- An environment that promotes work-life balance with flexible schedules
- A complete integration process to quickly familiarize you with your work and our brands
- A group insurance program with employer participation
- Personal leave
- A group RRSP program with employer participation
- Close to a metro station (discounted public transit)
- Reduced cost employee meals
- Top of the line hotel environment
- Recognition program
- Corporate events
- Discounts and preferred rates at our restaurants, hotels, spa and neighborhood partners
- The ambiance and charm of Old Montreal
HOW YOU WILL PARTICIPATE IN CREATING MOMENTS OF HAPPINESS:
- You will be responsible for the preparation, baking, decoration and presentation of pastries and desserts to order and to the plate
- Planning activities related to food preparation and cooking for restaurants
- Consultation with clients for weddings, banquets and special events
- Recipe development and standardization
- Menu development
- Food and labor costing
- Recruitment, hiring, training and supervision of the pastry team
- Purchase and maintenance of equipment
- Preparation and baking for special guests or occasions
- Responsible for food safety, hygiene and sanitation standards and cleanliness of the function
- Efficient management of the food inventory in order to minimize losses.
- Minimum of 3 years experience as a pastry chef in a fine-dining setting
- 1 year of experience in people management