Guest Services Manager - Temporary
Reporting to the Director of Front Office, the Guest Service Manager is responsible for ensuring the smooth and efficient operation of the Front Desk and Door/Valet Services. They also assist with overseeing our Royal Service team and Bell Services. In the absence of Senior Management, the Guest Service Manager has the overall responsibility for the smooth operation of the hotel during their shift. The successful candidate must possess the business acumen to make responsible, informed decisions and clear, concise communication skills to ensure prompt follow-up. This candidate must ensure that all standards, procedures, guest satisfaction and financial objectives are met on a consistent basis.
- Acts on behalf of Hotel Management for all guest, colleague and security issues and ensures that all challenges are responded to with a sense of urgency.
- Is familiar with all key emergency/crisis responses and takes the lead in any situation that may occur while on shift.
- Communicates effectively with all hotel departments with all relevant information and required follow-ups.
- Promotes strong interaction and teamwork with all hotel departments.
- Makes certain that all Fairmont Château Laurier policies, procedures & Corporate standards are known, followed and acted upon at all times.
- Ensures the achievement of divisional financial objectives through practices such as creative scheduling as well as consistently monitoring productivity and ensuring the accurate administration of payroll.
- Works with the Director of Revenue, Director of Front Office, fellow Guest Service Managers to manage the daily room inventory to ensure revenues are maximized.
- Audits and completes Accounting transactions for several areas, including: rate verification for all rooms, audits, closing procedures for the computer systems and others.
- Continuously develops, promotes and supports a service culture in keeping with the standards of Fairmont Hotels & Resorts, leading to outstanding LQA service audit results.
- Ensures the highest quality of colleague training and monitors performance on an on-going basis.
- Actively participates in all facets of employee development including: recruitment, interviewing, training, developing & promoting outstanding people.
- Conducts employee performance reviews and effectively manages employee relations.
- Ensures our Le Club Accorhotels loyalty program members’ reservations are in order and members’ expectations are met, driving loyalty objectives
- Participates actively in the achievement of Trust You (Voice of the Guest) initiatives.
- Takes ownership in the achievement of Employee Engagement Survey objectives.
- Promotes and enforces the hotel’s Health & Safety standards.
- Performs related duties and special projects as assigned.
- Minimum one (1) year previous Front Office leadership experience in a luxury property required
- Degree or diploma in Hotel Administration from a recognized University or College an asset.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with proven service leadership skills and the ability to inspire colleagues to deliver outstanding service.
- Organized and results-oriented with the ability to be flexible and perform well under pressure in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Ability to handle day-to-day operations of the Front Desk and the hotel in general, with excellent business acumen in the absence of Senior Management.
- Excellent written/spoken English is required as well as good written/spoken French.
- Knowledge of Opera Property Management System and other core technology applications essential as well as experience with Microsoft Office Suite programs.
- Computer troubleshooting experience would be an asset.
- First Aid/CPR Certification an asset.
- Must be available to work variable shifts including overnights.
Visa Requirements: Must be eligible to work in Canada