Guest Service Representative Day / Evening/ Night
The duties and responsibilities for the Guest Service Representative include, but are not limited to the following:
· Create a welcoming environment for our guests.
· Register guests and assign rooms, accommodating special requests whenever possible.
· Complete pre-registration and blocking of rooms for reservations/guest arrival.
· Thoroughly understand and adhere to proper credit, check-cashing, and cash-handling policies and procedures.
· Understand room status and room status tracking.
· Know room locations, types of rooms available, and room rates.
· Use suggestive selling techniques to sell rooms and to promote other services of the hotel.
· Coordinate room status updates with the housekeeping department by notifying housekeeping of all check-outs, late check-outs, early check-ins, special requests, and part-day rooms.
· Possess a working knowledge of the reservations, takes reservations for guests both in house and call in, understanding of the cancellation procedures.
· Process guest check-outs.
· Post and file all charges to guest, master, and city ledger accounts.
· Work closely with all hotel departments to improve service delivery and efficiency.
· Use proper telephone etiquette.
· Coordinate guestroom maintenance work with the engineering and maintenance division.
· Report any unusual occurrences or requests to the manager or supervisor.
· Know all safety and emergency procedures, is aware of accident prevention policies.
· Ensure the work environment is tidy and well organized at all times (lobby).
· Adhere to all health and safety guidelines and standards.Requirements
- Excellent communication skills in French and
- Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and administration skills
- Proficient or familiar with computerized systems
- Demonstrated knowledge of guest service and a genuine desire to exceed guest expectations
- Present a high degree of professional work ethic and image
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Availability to work day, evening and night shifts any day of the week including weekends and holidays