General Manager- Hospitality
Peterborough, ON, Leamington, ON, Lambton Shores, ON, and Wasaga Beach, ON
We offer year round employment, GRRSP's, annual incentive plan along with many other company incentives.
Community is at the heart of who we are at Parkbridge. Together with our homeowners, resort guests, and municipal partners, we share a passionate belief in the value of building vibrant communities.
As a global housing award-winner and Canada’s leading owner, operator and developer of residential and resort land lease communities, Parkbridge has expertise unparalleled in Canada. Our affordable home ownership model is unique because it allows people to own a home, without buying the land – an approach commonly known as ‘land lease.’
Since 1998 we have expanded from just two properties with a few dedicated employees to more than 115 properties and 1,100 passionate employees across Canada – and counting!
From B.C. to Nova Scotia, our 75 vibrant, residential communities offer an attractive option to retirees looking to downsize and families looking for an affordable home. These communities are well-managed with quality amenities, activities and services for active and community-minded residents.
Our 40 RV and cottage resort properties provide memorable getaways for
seasonal and overnight guests. In stunning, picturesque locations, our resorts
are where people want to play, recharge and make memories.
Parkbridge is growing with active, healthy and happy homeowners and guests – because Parkbridge is where community lives.
Reporting to the Regional Manager, the Resort Manager will support the Company’s objectives by implementing the company's plan for the resort and fulfilling the company's responsibilities to its customers at our Resort.
This position plays an integral role in implementing the company’s vision for the resort and to serving guests with excellence.
· Manage staff effectively
· Understand/manage infrastructure effectively
· “Think like an owner”
· Train staff on how to effectively deliver exceptional customer service
· Build solid brand recognition for the property based on delivery of service
· Ensure safe and enjoyable environment for guests and employees
· Weekly “walk the property” tours
· Ensure customer complaints are dealt with quickly and in person
· Work with functional areas including (HR, H&S, Finance, IT, etc.).
· Develop/mentor property staff
· Build an effective team around the resort staff (R&M, Admin, etc.)
· Hire, train and supervise staff as required
· Ensure all staff members understand resort goals, standards and policies and comply with company policies and procedures
· Schedule and monitor shift-coverage based on business needs
· Promote a business environment that is customer friendly
· Be a positive role model for staff
· Lead by example in a team-based work environment
· “Think like an owner” by promoting a work environment that reinforces operational effectiveness and operation efficiency to assure continued profitability
· Hire staff who will enhance the customer’s experience and the positive image of the resort
· Support management and fully implement its policies and procedures
· Regularly attend regional meetings
· Promote and maintain a positive working relationship with all resort business partners
· Prepare annual resort budget
· Ensure all financial transactions are properly recorded and tracked
· Ensure employee timekeeping and payroll activities are properly executed
· Produce all invoices for clients
· Ensure information/reports provided to management are timely, accurate and on-target
· Procure goods and services according to protocols established by management
Health and Safety
· Ensure all resort activities are conducted in a safe and environmentally responsible manner
· Ensure that all resort facilities are maintained in safe condition
· Immediately notify management when marina or resort operations are unsafe and/or beyond normal repair
· Ensure all employees are aware of the resort’s safety procedures and are proficient in the use of its safety equipmentRequirements
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
· Previous experience in property, hospitality or similar management experience, including a minimum five years management experience required
· Experience developing and maintaining long term customer relations
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Excellent interpersonal skills
· Highly organized
· Ability to work alone, unsupervised
· Ability to organize and prioritize infrastructure projects
· IT literate and skilled with MS Word, Excel and Outlook
· Working knowledge of basic accounting principles
· Bachelor’s Degree or College Diploma in a related discipline would be an asset
Please note that applicants must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment criminal and credit background check.
If you are interested in this role, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
No phone calls please. Only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please note that applications for this position may be kept on file for 6 months and may be considered for future opportunities within Parkbridge.
Accommodations for persons with disabilities will be provided, on request, to support candidate participation in all aspects of the recruitment process. To request accommodation, please contact Human Resources.