Full-time Sous-Chef RPA Jazz Ste Foy
Quebec City, QC
At the Jazz Ste Foy residence, we are committed to serving dishes prepared with passion. We work with fresh products, we like to create tasty dishes so that our residents have the pleasure of eating well. Our equipped and spacious kitchen was renovated in 2019 providing a positive working environment. If you too want to make a difference with seniors and work in a great atmosphere with a qualified and cheerful team, this position is for you.
We are currently looking for a Sous-Chef to fill a permanent full-time position to support the Chef-Cuisinière in our residence JAZZ Ste Foy. The person must be creative and passionate, wishing to offer an exceptional culinary experience to residents.
Schedule: 40h week | 1 weekend out of 2 | Many benefits: free meals, social club, group insurance and social leave.
ROLE AND GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist in maintaining and restoring residents' health by proposing customized and balanced menus
- Collaborate with kitchen staff to ensure good teamwork
- Create tasty menus while respecting the expected level of quality and the allocated budget
- Ensure the kitchen and equipment are kept clean according to established hygiene and cleanliness standards
- Perform meal preparation while supervising and mobilizing staff in the kitchen
- Plan and cook meals in accordance with the appropriate methods and standards
- When appropriate, collaborate with the chef in the creation of the menus by proposing ideas
- Salary to be discussed
- Free meals in the dining room
- Uniform provided
- Free indoor parking
- Group insurance
- Sick days and time off for family obligations
- Floating days off
- Social leave
- Employee Assistance Program
- Free coffee, tea and herbal tea
- Human management approach
- Social Club activities, gifts and substantial discounts
- Consistent schedule
- Car wash service
- Indoor parking
- A welcoming and tight-knit team!
- 1 year of relevant experience will be considered an important asset
- Experience in a large restoration's volume (an asset)