Offer published on Nov 15
FRONT OFFICE MANAGER (DUAL PROPERTY)
BE PART OF SUCCESS - Join the team at the NEW Marriott Dual properties. Courtyard and Residence Inn by Marriott located in Midtown Montreal (Decarie Boulevard) close to Pierre Elliott Trudeau International Airport and downtown and near the future Royalmount District. Opened in November 2022, the complex has a total of 274 rooms and suites, more than 2,600 square feet of meeting and event space, a bistro bar, an indoor pool and more…
At InnVest, our mission is simple – to deliver outstanding guest experiences and superior returns on quality hospitality investment. A career at InnVest will provide you with unrivaled opportunities and invaluable exposure to Canada’s largest independently-owned and operated hotel portfolio.
The Front Office Manager position is generally responsible to manage all aspects of the department including but not limited to operations, planning, budgeting, staffing, and payroll in accordance with hotel policies and procedures. The incumbent is expected to provide leadership and support to all members of the Front Office team, implement and ensure compliance with Brand and Company standards in all areas supervised.
The duties and responsibilities for the Front Office Manager include, but are not limited to the following:
- Direct and control the activities of the Front Office, Guest Activities, and ensure adherence to brand & Company standards, policies, and procedures
- Ensure that qualified personnel are selected, hired and trained in all areas of responsibility while being well informed of department objectives and policies.
- Ensure the proper image is being maintained by all Team Members with respect to grooming and uniform standards.
- Participates in the development of short-term and long-term financial and operational plans for the hotel which support the overall objectives of the Company.
- Assist General Manager with the execution of marketing, sales, and operational activities, producing results that meet or exceed the hotel’s business plan.
- Maintains reservations systems such as Yield Management System and Property Management System.
- Assist the General Manager with the monitoring of the performance of the hotel through verification and analysis of guest satisfaction systems and financial reports. Suggests and implements corrective actions.
- Maintains product and service quality standards by conducting ongoing evaluations and investigating complaints. Suggests and implements corrective actions.
- Creates an operating environment that assures consistent guest satisfaction. Ensures proper handling of guest complaints.
- Ensures implementation of appropriate technology solutions to increase customer service and hotel revenues.
- Participate in the preparation of forecasts; to work closely with the Front Office Team, General Manager, and Sales to maximize occupancy, rate and revenue. Keeps all departments notified of any fluctuations in business levels, special guests, groups, etc.
- Establish and maintain close working relationships with all departments of the hotel to ensure maximum cooperation, guest service, morale, and productivity.
- Develop relationships with clients, return guests, group contacts, etc. to provide maximum personalized guest service.
- Develop best practices for improvements in overall operations with an emphasis on increasing guest satisfaction, revenues as well as cost reduction.
- Monitor and analyze the Front Office payroll to ensure maximum hotel effectiveness towards guest services while realizing full profit potential.
- Display a high degree of professionalism and integrity at all times.
- Respond properly and take a supervisory role in any hotel emergency or safety situation, as well as ensure the proper control and communication of the emergency procedures to the Rooms department.
- Understands the government regulations affecting hotel operations, ensuring the hotel is operated in compliance with all applicable laws, ordinances, regulations, and requirements of any federal, provincial or municipal authority.
- Ensures good safety practices of employees and guests, assisting in the maintenance of proper emergency and security procedures.
- As required of all hotel associates, assists any guest or potential guest in a prompt, courteous, friendly, and helpful manner at all times.
- Fulfills Manager On Duty Shifts as well as Breakfast/Lobby Ambassador Shifts.
- Maintains correct procedures for hotel accounting, credit control, and handling of financial transactions while directly responsible for championing Accounts Receivable function.
- Supports and assists the General Manager with duties and responsibilities in times of absence.
COMPETENCIES WE ARE SEEKING:
- 2+ years experience in a similar supervisory/leadership role
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal and problem-solving abilities
- Service focused personality with the ability to lead by example
- Experience with property management systems are an asset
- Well organized self-starter
- Results-oriented with the ability to be flexible and work well under pressure
- A degree or diploma in Hospitality Management is an asset
- Night Audit experience an asset
- Must be available to work days, evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Health and Dental Benefits
- LTD insurance
- Discounts programs in Hotels all over the world: Marriott Hotels discounts / InnVest Hotels Discounts
- Parking underground
- Dry cleaning
- And a great team!
InnVest Hotels is an inclusive employer. As such, we welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. We appreciate all applications, however, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.