Offer published on Feb 10
Workplace: 1808 Sherbrooke Street West, Montreal, Quebec H3H 1E5
Salary: Starting at 54 000$ per year
Are you interested in working in an environment inspired by Japanese philosophy? Are you a minimalist by nature, organized and refined in character? The SENS Hotel is the perfect fit for you. Located on Sherbrooke Street, the largest street in the city, this hotel offers you the opportunity to develop as a professional in the hotel industry. In addition to working for the SENS Hotel, you will also work for the Château Versailles. Located across from the SENS Hotel, this hotel is part of Montreal's heritage, with its historic charm still present through French-style fireplaces and moldings. A position is waiting for you to excel in the hotel professional environment.
Reporting to the Front Desk Director, the Reception Supervisor is responsible for overseeing the daily operations of the establishment's reception, as well as leading and supporting the team of receptionists to ensure quality service to the clients.
- Supervise reception activities, including check-in, check-out, guest special requests, and reservations.
- Provide exceptional customer service by welcoming guests, addressing their inquiries, and professionally resolving issues.
- Guide, train, and mentor team members, ensuring adherence to service standards and establishment policies.
- Manage work schedules, leaves, and replacements to ensure adequate coverage at all times.
- Coordinate with other departments to ensure smooth communication and efficient issue resolution.
- Handle guest complaints proactively and responsively to ensure their satisfaction.
- Ensure compliance with check-in, check-out procedures, as well as security and confidentiality policies.
- Perform administrative tasks such as compiling reports, maintaining records, and managing billing.
- Maintain a clean, organized, and welcoming environment at the reception.
- Any other related tasks to ensure the quality of the department's service.
Qualifications and Required Skills:
- College degree in hospitality is an asset.
- Previous reception experience, with a minimum of 3 years in a supervisory role.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and manage delicate situations.
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to motivate and develop a team.
- Solid organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Proficiency in hotel management systems and computer tools.
- Familiarity with standard operational procedures in the hotel industry.
Languages: Bilingualism (French and English) spoken and written is required for this position as we serve an international clientele.
- Free parking place on-site.
- Cell phone provided.
- Dry cleaning for your professional clothes.
- Group health insurance is offered after the probation.
- And more!
Who we are:
Tidan is a hotel and real estate group in operation for 52 years, with a portfolio of 12 hotels and over 65 real estate properties, as well as the largest tennis club in North America. To learn more about Tidan, visit our website: https://www.tidan.com/en/.
Why join our team:
In addition to competitive salaries, we offer social benefits such as group insurance including life insurance, disability insurance, medical and dental insurance, as well as vision care insurance. Our employees have 24/7 access to health professionals through the employee assistance program. You have personal days and vacation days scheduled according to the department and hotel you join. A bonus is also offered through our referral program and much more.
Social life is at the heart of the company, especially after the pandemic. Each hotel has a social calendar. The Tidan human resources team is always there to listen to you and support you in your professional journey within the company.
We believe in teamwork and are committed to creating a high-performing team, whether through training or team-building. We admire our employees who give themselves professional challenges and support them in their success. Take the plunge and join the Tidan team through our many job opportunities, whether in the hotel or real estate industry, there is a place for you.
Diplôme d'études secondaires (DES)