Offer published on Feb 03
Workplace: 1187 Princess Street, Kingston, Ontario, Canada, K7M3E1
Salary: 18.54$ per hour
Located very close to downtown Kingston, the Strata Hotel is the ideal place for your business and leisure stays. The hotel is just minutes from the best restaurants in town, trendy shops, as well as a whole host of entertainment venues for the whole family. For your next stay in Kingston, treat yourself to a room at Kingston's most comfortable and recognized hotel. The Strata Hotel, a 77-room hotel also has commercial units for rent.
Reporting to the front desk supervisors, the Receptionist takes room reservations, greets clients upon arrival and during their stay, provides information about the establishment and its services as well as tourist attractions, and receives payments from clients.
- Take reservations
- Coordinate arrivals and departures of clients
- Promote hotel products and services
- Collect payments for services rendered
- Answer various questions about establishment services, tourist attractions, and different regional activities
- Coordinate group arrivals and departures
- Direct incoming calls
- Handle customer complaints
- Perform any other customer service-related task
Skills and qualifications:
- Able to work in a team and under pressure
- Availability to work on varying schedules
- Knowledgeable about tourist attractions and the city in general
- Able to demonstrate customer orientation
- Able to identify customer needs
- High school degree
- 1 to 2 years of experience in a similar position
- Advanced knowledge of hotel software applications
- Certification SmartServe, required
- Teamwork skills
Languages: English is mandatory
Who are we:
Tidan is a hotel and real estate group in business for 52 years with a portfolio of 12 hotels and more than 65 real estate properties, as well as the largest tennis club across North America. To learn more about Tidan, visit our website: https://www.tidan.com/en/.
Why join our team:
Apart from competitive salaries, we offer benefits, such as group insurance which constitutes life insurance, disability insurance and medical and dental insurance, in addition to vision care. Our employees have 24/7 virtual access to healthcare professionals through the Employee Assistance Program. You have personal days and vacations that are planned according to the social life at the heart of the company, especially after the pandemic, each hotel has a social calendar. The Tidan Human Resources team is always there to listen to you and support you on your journey through the company.
We believe in teamwork and are committed to creating a high-performing team, whether through training or by strengthening team relationships. We have an admiration for our employees who set themselves professional challenges and we support them in achieving them. Take the step and join the Tidan team through our many job opportunities, whether in the hotel or real estate sector, there is a place for you.
Department and the hotel you join. A bonus is also provided via our referral program and more.
High School Diploma
Front desk, reception, hotel