Front Desk Agent (Pocahontas Cabins)
If your dream Jasper experience involves living in a quiet, remote area, then Pocahontas Cabins might be the ideal spot for your adventure. Pocahontas Cabins are situated at the base of the Miette Hot Springs Road, thirty minutes from the Jasper town site. The cabins are open year-round, but busiest in the summer months of May-October. Winter operations are much quieter, with more opportunity to experience the stunning beauty of Jasper National Park.
A major benefit to working at this location is the opportunity to cross-train in other departments throughout the summer and winter months. The perfect candidate for a position at Pocahontas is mature, has a passion for the outdoors, and is comfortable working and living in a remote mountain environment.
POSITION: Front Desk Agent
Hourly Rate: $14.00
Offering staff accommodations, and extended benefits including medical, dental, short & long-term disability, discounts in the restaurants and friends and family hotel rates.
- Process telephone calls
- Process group arrivals and departures
- Register arriving guests and assign rooms
- Process guests’ departures, calculate charges and receive payment
- Take, cancel, and change room reservations
- Resolve minor guest complaints and refer to Hotel Manager or Front Desk Supervisor as required
- Refer major guest complaints to Hotel Manager or Front Desk Supervisor
- Balance cash and complete balance sheets, cash reports and related forms
- Provide information on hotel facilities and services, and local points of interest
- Arrange services required for guests with special needs
- Provide information regarding room status and special guests to other departments
- Learn the Emergency Response Manual thoroughly
- Learn the Night Audit procedures.
- Perform related Front Desk duties as directed by Supervisor
- Minimum grade 12 education with diploma.
- Previous experience or education an asset.
- Neat and clean in appearance and work habits
- Pleasing, outgoing personality
- Knowledge of languages is considered an asset
- Ability to accept direction
- Solid understanding of guest service principles
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to accept direction.
- Knowledge of computers, will train
- Typing skills an asset
- Ability to work within a Team