Front Desk Agent
Boutique hotel located in the heart of the historic district of Old Montreal, the Hotel St Paul is from the outside an elegant Beaux-Arts building, surrounded by boutiques, renowned galleries, and trendy restaurants. Its interior, both "glam" and mysterious, predicts a unique experience for design-loving guests and offers employees a most stimulating work environment. Each team member is dedicated to delivering high-end customer service that strives for excellence.
Under the responsibility of the Front Office Manager, the Front Desk Agent's main functions are to greet customers, check them in to their rooms and assist them with their departure.
· Answers internal and external calls and route calls to clients and administrative staff.
- confirms / modifies room reservations.
- Reconciles the relationship of housekeeping with the occupancy status of the rooms.
- Collects payments and be responsible for cash-flow.
- Balances his own accounting transactions, close his shift, and proceed to deposit the sums of money collected at the end of the day.
- Occasionally shows the bedrooms and/or banquet halls to potential clients.
- Follows established procedures in the event of a crisis.
- Performs all other related functions at the request of his immediate supervisor or the designated person in charge.
- Issues the various reports necessary for the smooth running of the day's activities.
- Fully bilingual, (French and English).
- Has excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Has a neat presentation.
- Knowledge of Montréal and its points of interest.
- Preferably a few years of experience in the Hotel Industry.
- Possessing a professional studies diploma is an asset.
- Proficiency in the use of the Hotello PMS is an asset.
- Availability: Saturdays, Sundays, and public holidays.