Front Desk Agent
Offer published on Mar 16
Start date: As soon as possible
About Hôtel Nelligan
Located in the heart of Old Montreal, Hotel Nelligan is a timeless place where guests and locals have gathered & stayed for the last 20 years. The hotel has kept its original stone & brick walls, making it a place where history and modernity collide. Luxurious amenities and dedicated staff ensure guests a truly sublime stay.
Under the supervision of the Director of front desk, the sought-after candidate has an innate sense of hospitality and is motivated by the satisfaction of the guests. He likes to evolve in a dynamic environment, or his creativity and his sense of initiative are constantly encouraged. Warm and enthusiastic, the receptionist actively participates in the orchestration of the perfect stay by the quality of his work. Cordial and professional, he has an open and empathetic attitude towards the clientele and promotes effective communication with the internal and external services of the establishment.
Essential functions of the job:
• Warmly welcome guests;
• Collate the administrative and service components of arrivals and departures;
• Manage a Caisse, collect payments and store confidential credit card data in the software diligently;
• Take telephone calls and send them to departments according to the customer's needs;
• Conduct follow-up on guest requests in an efficient manner;
• Provide information on the tourist attractions and activities of the region in collaboration with the hotel's concierge team;
• Work together with the entire hospitality team to identify and surpass the expectations of guests;
• Respond with enthusiasm and professionalism to any request;
• Exercise discretion and ensure the confidentiality of guests.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
• Minimum experience of one year in customer service;
• Excellent organization and management of priorities;
• Sense of responsibility and initiative are essential;
• Able to evolve in a high-volume work environment;
• Participatory spirit that flourishes in the context of teamwork;
• Creative and enthusiastic in problem solving;
• Knowledge of the immediate region and tourist points of interest;
• Good knowledge of the Office suite;
• Knowledge of a hotel management software (Opera, an asset);
• Hospitality training (asset);
• Flexible availability (days, evenings, weekends);
• Perfectly bilingual;
• Careful presentation.