Front Desk Agent
The Four Seasons Hotel Montreal is looking for someone who shares our passion for excellence and seeks to create a memorable experience for our employees and guests. We are looking for a person who has a strong work ethic, a high level of integrity, a concern for quality, a cultural sensitivity and a sense of customer service.
The Front Desk Receptionist is a central part of the Front Office Team whose main objective is to ensure our guests have a smooth arrival and departure experience. As the first and last impression of the Hotel, this high profile department carries a special responsibility. The Front Office is also the natural place where guests direct their comments, questions, suggestions and concerns.
- Welcome and register hotel guests, explaining the accommodations and establishing credit or method of payment. Agents will also check out guest, prepare and explain the bill.
- Respond to a wide variety of guest requests by accurately assessing the guest needs and requests. Adding personal recommendations and touches to achieve maximum customer satisfaction while complying with all Four Seasons’ standards.
- Check-in guest in an efficient and friendly manner, using the guest’s name whenever possible. Assure that guest is assigned to the proper room type and the correct rate is charged. Arrange for luggage to be delivered to guest room and issue correct keys to the guest.
- Check-out guest at end of stay. Ascertain guest satisfaction, collects keys, post late charges and present bill to guest. Settle bill accurately through credit card or cash transaction.
- Maintain a balanced bank assigned by the hotel. Make change, cash checks and exchange foreign currency. Reconcile all transactions at the close of each shift.
- Handle all guest interactions with the highest level of hospitality and professionalism, accommodating special requests whenever possible; resolving customer complaints; assisting customers in all inquiries in connection with hotel services, hours of operations, key hotel personnel, in-house events, directions, etc.
- Respond to all guest requests in an accurate and timely manner. Interaction with guest will be in person, electronic mail, and/or by phone.
- Utilize a variety of computer systems to check guests in and out, run daily reports and select and block rooms for arriving guests.
- Accept reservations, changes and cancellations in the absence of Reservations Department Staff.
- Ability to answer guest calls and direct the guest appropriately in the absence of a Communication Operator.
- Effectuer toute autre tâche connexe aux fonctions ;
Qualifications & Experience
- Ability to communicate fluently in English and French, both orally and in writing;
- Previous luxury hotel front desk experience preferred.
- Must have excellent customer service and guest contact skills.
- Candidates must be outgoing and enjoy helping others.
- Candidates with a degree in hospitality, or similar, are preferred.
- Ability to quickly and positively establish rapport is required.
- Above average communication skills - both written and oral - are required.
- You must possess the ability to cope with stress and to work in a high volume operation.
- You must also be able to multi-task and complete tasks by established deadlines.
- You must be able to work a flexible schedule (Must be able to work overnight shifts, holidays, and/or weekends)
The list of tasks specified above is not exhaustive, the function will require a constant adaptation to situations of high activity and specific management of customer relations.
*Our organization is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. We do not discriminate on the basis of gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, age, disability or any other basis protected under provincial or federal laws.