Offer published on Feb 05
About Courtyard Marriott Montreal Centre-ville
The Courtyard Marriott is located in the heart of Montreal, near The Palais des Congrès, a few minutes from the most famous underground city in the world, Place des Arts, stores and boutiques on the stunning Ste-Catherine Street and the Old Montreal. The hotel offers 212 spacious rooms, conference rooms, indoor pool and whirlpool, training room as well as a restaurant, a lounge bar and a coffee counter.
The Courtyard Marriott is located in the heart of Montreal, near the Palais des congrès, a few minutes from the most famous underground city in the world, Place des Arts, shops and boutiques on the effervescent rue Ste-Catherine and the Old -Montreal. The hotel offers 212 spacious rooms, conference rooms, indoor swimming pool and whirlpool, exercise room as well as a restaurant, lounge bar and Illy café counter.
The front desk agent is responsible for providing outstanding service to our guests, arranging arrivals and departures, and providing hotel and city information. The front desk agent is called upon to listen and solve problems, while maintaining a high level of professionalism with our guests.
• Provide excellent service to our guests, welcoming them warmly, anticipating their needs and sincerely thanking them.
• Warmly execute guest arrivals and departures, take de reservations, changes or cancellations.
• Secure the payment method; check and adjust billing.
• Open your workstation, count the cash register at the beginning of the shift and at the end of the shift and secure it at all times.
• Complete the cash and closure reports in the computer system.
• Process all types of payment, adjustment orders, installments, correction orders and miscellaneous charges.
• Activate and classify room keys.
• Produce and revise daily reports and journals.
• Handle all guest requests and communicate messages.
• Provide guests with explanations and information regarding room features and supplies, hotel amenities, services and hours of operation.
• Offer information about the city and be able to suggest activities of interest.
• Ensure that all requests or issues held on hold the day before are prioritized and resolved.
• Communicate in clear, professional and courteous language.
• Answer the phone using the appropriate etiquette.
• Inform management of any theft reported by a guest.
• Follow all company policies and procedures.
• Maintain the confidentiality of private and confidential information.
• Report accidents, injuries and unsafe working conditions to the supervisor on duty.
• Print out contingency lists to have a log of all guests in the event of an emergency.
• Reflect a clean and professional appearance; wear the uniform according to company standards.
• Perform any other related task when requested.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Hold a DEC or DEP in Hotel Management, tourism or a related field.
• Experience in a customer service position for at least one (1) year.
• Experience as a front desk agent, an asset.
• Knowledge of reception software an asset.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• French and English spoken and written.
• Maintain a high level of professionalism at all times.
• Possess a sense of organization and attention to detail.
• Possess excellent interpersonal skills and strong customer service skills.
• Demonstrate a positive attitude and the ability to empathize with the needs or complaints of guests.
• Able to make decisions and solve problems on their own.
• Flexibility regarding schedules: be available day, evening, and weekends..
• Be able to work standing for long periods;
• Move, lift, transport, push, pull and place objects weighing less than 15 pounds without assistance.
* Our organization is an employer aware of professional fairness and is committed to recruiting a diverse workforce and maintaining an inclusive culture. The use of the masculine is only used for the purpose of simplifying the text. We do not discriminate on the basis of gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, age, disability or any other basis protected by provincial or federal laws.