Food & Beverage Support - Sawridge Inn Jasper - Spring 2019
This position :
Reporting to the Service Leader, the support staff will provide our guest with genuine hospitality. The support will assist the Servers with food and beverage in an efficient and consistent manner, while maintaining a positive and cooperative attitude and a SMILE.
Compensation: 15.00/hr plus tips and gratuities
Accommodation: Shared accommodation available
Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Assist Servers and Service Leaders with food and drink service
- Act as a liaison between the kitchen and the serving staff
- Responsible for the maintenance and cleanliness of the service area
- Responsible for room service
- Perform opening/closing and side duties as per the shift checklist
- Promoting a "No Problem Service" environment
- Be energetic and enthusiastic: enjoy customer service and working with the public
- Be knowledgeable about the food and spirits menus to be able to assist the serving staff.
- Responsible serve alcohol utilizing skills and knowledge received from the Proserve training.
- Maintain a safe and sanitary work environment and the cleanliness of the area.
- Acknowledge the guest in a timely and efficient manner an in accordance with established company policies.
- Perform well under pressure in a fast paced and sometimes challenging environment.
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Excellent Communication and Customer Service Skills
- Must speak fluent English, additional language an asset
- Proserve (responsible service of alcohol) certification (can be obtained online) before start of co-op term
- Ability to handle money
- Desire and ability to increase knowledge in the Food & Beverage and Customer Service field
- Ability to stand for extended periods
- Ability to lift a minimum of 10 pounds