Food & Beverage Manager
Located in Gatineau, Quebec, just 10 minutes from downtown, The Riverhead Golf Club is one of the region’s finest private golf facilities with an 18-hole Championship course.
Our beautiful and unique clubhouse offers our members and guests both formal and casual dining services year-round, or the option of a cocktail party, a business conference, or a sumptuous wedding reception banquet in our Tudor-style clubhouse.
Reporting to the Director of Golf and Operations, the Food & Beverage Manager will lead the front of the house operations, restaurant, dining room, banquet rooms.
You are self-motivated, an innovative challenge solver and exhibit leadership and communication skills. You will provide motivation and coach to the food and beverage team ensuring that the department is meeting both members and clients needs. In collaboration with the executive chef, you execute duties such as scheduling, training, hiring and managing the service team’s performance along with organizing and operating functions to meet Rivermead Golf Club standards.
Description of main responsibilities:
- Lead restaurant service staff of, dining room, banquet rooms
- Optimize member satisfaction with regards to service
- Participate to coaching and training staff to reflect Rivermead Golf Club service standards
· Provides leadership and guidance to all team members
- Manager schedules according to forecasts
- Maintain inventories/orders and ensure equipment is in working order
- Ensure quality levels and maintain quality standards in service, and member satisfaction.
- Coordinate Group and individual reservations
- Maintain safe working environments and practices
- Implement Sales strategies in conjunction with the Executive chef
- Liaise regularly with other departments
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Golf and Operations
- Minimum 2 years previous experience as a food & beverage Manager
- Able to work independently
- Ability to work under pressure, prioritize tasks, and meet deadlines
- Excellent organizational skills
- Must possess effective oral and written communication skills in French and English
- Must be able to work flexible hours, including evenings, weekends and holidays (20-30 hours a week)
- Intermediate computer skills
- Team player
- Véloce POS knowledge considered an asset
- A sound understanding of managing events an asset