Food and Beverage Supervisor
The Royal Ottawa Golf Club has an exciting opportunity for a Food and Beverage Supervisor who will act as a key member of the Food and Beverage team. The Food and Beverage Supervisor will be responsible for managing the Club’s Service Staff, ensuring the highest levels of Member and Guest satisfaction.
This is a Full-time Management position with the possibility of a 6 to 8 week layoff during the off-season in January and February.
The Food and Beverage Supervisor is responsible for the Club’s Food and Beverage deliverables including the Service and Bar staff. The position is ideal for an experienced restaurant supervisor or lead server with outstanding customer service and people management skills.
Previous management experience in a unionized environment would be a definite advantage in this role. Superior communication and organizational skills are also required as this position is a focal point for the Club’s membership.
Reporting to the Food and Beverage Manager, the Food and Beverage Supervisor will work closely with the other Food and Beverage Supervisor, the Events Coordinator and the Executive Chef to ensure that Club’s day-to-day operations and events are expertly managed.
- Supervises the Food and Beverage department, managing and scheduling its staff;
- Delegates duties based on seniority level, ensures adequate coverage;
- Oversees and participates in the Club’s opening and closing duties;
- Manages the flow of inventory, maintaining harmonious relationships with suppliers;
- Works closely with the various department heads to coordinate logistics, and event service;
- Takes an active role in managing the Club’s extensive wine and liquor inventory;
- Approves employee time sheets and time off requests;
- Responsible for the assisting with the reconciliation and proper accounting of the POS system;
- Audits the days service chits to ensure the Members are being billed appropriately;
- Evaluates, implements, and champions streamlining policies, procedures and controls;
- Performs 6-month and annual staff evaluations, reporting results to Human Resources;
- Other duties as assigned.
- A post-secondary degree or diploma in Hospitality Management or related discipline preferred;
- Minimum 2-3 years of restaurant or hospitality management experience;
- Experience supervising and scheduling service staff;
- Strong knowledge of customer service standards, food and wine pairings, and budgeting;
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on business needs;
- Strong analytical, time-management and organizational skills;
- Detail orientated problem solver;
- Enthusiasm and team player attitudes are a must in order to succeed;
- Strong Experience with a POS system (Jonas, Maitre D’, etc);
- Good understanding of the Microsoft Office suite.
- Experience in the private club setting is a definite asset;
- Bilingualism – fluency in both English and French is a definite asset;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, in both languages;
- Experience working in a unionized environment an asset;
A competitive total compensation package is offered, including industry leading wages, a comprehensive benefits package, meal plan, pension plan, and limited golfing privileges.