Food and Beverage Operations Manager
Quebec City, QC
Managing Day-to-Day Operations
• Assists in the ordering of Food and Beverage (F&B) supplies, cleaning supplies and uniforms.
• Supervises daily F&B shift operation and monitors compliance with all F&B policies, standards and procedures.
• Supports and supervises an effective monthly self inspection program.
• Operates all department equipment as necessary and reports malfunction.
• Supervises staffing levels to verify that guest service, operational needs, and financial objective are met.
• Encourages and builds mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members.
• Understands employee positions well enough to perform duties in employees' absence.
• Develops specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish work.
• Monitors and maintains the productivity level of employees.
• Verifies that all team members/supervisors understand the brand specific philosophy.
• Maintains the operating budget, and verifies that standards and legal obligations are followed.
• Assists supervisors in understanding team members ever changing needs and expectations, and how to exceed them.
• Celebrates and fosters decisions that result in successes as well as failures.
• Communicates areas that need attention to staff and follows up to verify understanding.
• Coordinates cleaning program in all F&B areas (e.g., General clean), identifying trends and making recommendation for improvements.
• Establishes and maintains open, collaborative relationships with employees.
• Creates and nurtures a property environment that emphasizes motivation, empowerment, teamwork and passion for providing service.
• Follows property specific second effort and recovery plan.
• Stays readily available/ approachable for all team members.
• Demonstrates knowledge of the brand specific service culture.
Providing Exceptional Customer Service
• Provides services that are above and beyond for customer satisfaction and retention.
• Improves service by communicating and assisting individuals to understand guest needs, providing guidance, feedback, and individual coaching when needed.
• Serves as a role model to demonstrate appropriate behaviors.
• Manages day-to-day operations, monitors quality, and standards and meets the expectations of the customers on a daily basis.
• Takes proactive approaches when dealing with guest concerns.
• Sets a positive example for guest relations.
• Stays readily available/ approachable for all guests.
• Reviews comment cards and guest satisfaction result with employees.
• Responds in a timely manner to customer service department request.
• Provides information to supervisors and co-workers by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
• Provides guidance and direction to subordinates, including setting performance standards and monitoring performance.
• Analyzes information and evaluates results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
• Performs hourly job function if necessary.
• Extends professionalism and courtesy to team members at all times.
• Comprehends budgets, operating statements and payroll progress report.
• Performs other duties, as assigned, to meet business needs.Requirements
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 4 years experience in the food and beverage, culinary, or related professional area.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Food Service Management, Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major; 2 years experience in the food and beverage, culinary, or related professional area.