Food and Beverage General Manager
We are looking for a director for our 2 restaurants which will take place in a new hotel under the Hilton banner built in the heart of Montreal's Chinatown.
Tiramisu, the hotel's ground-floor restaurant, will feature a contemporary and sleek decor and specializes in Italian cuisine. The menu will be elaborated in order to please Montrealer’s, tourists, families and businessmen visiting Montreal while respecting the Asian identity of the neighbourhood. The restaurant will offer an experience rich in flavours in a friendly and elegant atmosphere at the image of Hilton group.
The second restaurant is a 4-season terrace located on the sixth floor of the hotel. Offering a festive atmosphere, the terrace will serve refreshing cocktails complemented by a selection of natural wines in addition to a French bistro-style menu. The menu will have a slight Asian touch honouring Vietnamese culinary know-how.
• See to the management of human resources (hiring of staff, training, distribution of work, responsible of the staff schedule, performance evaluation, management of conflicts and relations with the union, if applicable, etc.)
• See to the management of the restaurant's financial resources (preparation of budgets, control of operating costs, financial statements, staff remuneration, accounts payable and receivable, etc.) and material (supplies, negotiations with suppliers, inventory management, etc.)
• Perform a daily inspection of the installations and ensure the application of hygiene, sanitation, health and safety standards at work
• Ensure the optimal use of all facilities and see to maximize profitability
• Establish, apply and enforce departmental and company policies and procedures
• Ensure customer satisfaction during and after the service
• Solve any problem, remedy any unforeseen event, deal with any customer complaintRequirements
Skills and qualifications
• Ability for human resources management (management of work teams, conflict management, etc.)
• Professional attitudes and behaviour (aptitudes for teamwork, autonomy, dynamism, interpersonal skills, honesty, versatility, sense of initiative, sense of organization, etc.)
• Knowledge of the tourism industry and customer needs
• Knowledge and application of labour standards and basic principles of health and safety, as well as hygiene and sanitation
• Skills for written and verbal communication in French and English
• Knowledge of the basic principles of the operation of relevant IT systems
• Leadership and decision-making capacity
• Stress tolerance
Bachelor in hotel management an asset, five to ten years of experience in the restaurant business, including experience in supervision and management are required.