Offer published on Dec 02
COGIR Immobilier has nearly 4,000 passionate real estate employees who work day after day to provide the best service and a better quality of life to our clients. Our team manages more than 210 properties located in Quebec, Ontario, Nova Scotia and recently in the United States. In order to support its strong growth, we are currently looking for a financial controller for the private seniors' residences sector in Quebec.
Reporting to the vice-president finance, the controller will be responsible for the finance department of the retirement homes sector and his team of 9 people. He will coordinate the activities of his group to ensure the delivery of financial reports on time and of the required quality. He will exercise an operational role within his team and an advisory role to the sector operations team in order to maintain sound financial management. Among his main functions, the controller will review the financial information and review the financial performance of the properties managed by the management company. In addition, it will coordinate the preparation of forecast data as part of the annual budget process and provide assistance in the execution of internal controls.
The incumbent should be an organized individual with proven ability to multitask, problem solve and prioritize workloads, all in an autonomous fashion. He will have to analyze several files simultaneously with always the same quality of interpretation and rendering, while respecting tight deadlines. The person will be responsible for the reliability and accuracy of all accounting information for each of the properties under their management.
ROLE AND GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Analyze monthly variances in capital, operational and cash budgets
- Collect the financial information necessary for sound management
- Coordinate annual external audits
- Coordinate treasury operations
- Ensure that monthly deadlines are met
- Lead the annual budget process
- Lead the team's work to ensure the production of monthly financial reports
- Participate in various special projects, such as the integration of new properties
- Respond to customer requests, both internal and external, and attend meetings with customers
- Review, analyze and approve monthly financial statements (approval of journal entries, review of balance sheet items and analysis of variance of results)
- Competitive base salary
- Bonus program
- Group insurance program (100% employer)
- Employee experience program including, among other things, telemedicine
- Stimulating challenges, up to your ambitions!
RequirementsEXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- CPA title
- Minimum of 5 years in accounting, combined with experience in staff supervision