FINANCIAL ANALYST - BILINGUAL
Montreal, QC and Quebec City, QC
Please note that the candidate for this position has the choice of working based in Quebec City or Montreal.
Reporting to the Controller, the Financial Analyst will prepare and be in charge of financial information related to various entities of the group’s portfolio. The candidate will work closely with a team of professionals and technicians from the accounting department as well as the operational team members of the entities under his/her responsibility.
- Be responsible for the preparation of monthly financial statements;
- Be responsible for the liquidity management of different entities;
- Prepare various analyses and reconciliations;
- Ensure compliance with accounting procedures/processes and internal controls;
- Prepares and communicates operating budgets and projected financial statements in collaboration with operations managers;
- Be responsible for the preparation of the annual audit files;
- Participate in the calculation of tax provisions and the preparation of tax information for annual returns;
- Prepare annual financial statements;
- Collaborate on various special projects.
Required profile ans skills :
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, recognized professional designation: CPA
- 5-7+ years of business finance or other relevant experience;
- Advanced knowledge of Excel;
- Experience with hotel and/or restauration operations, an asset;
- Strong communication in both French and English (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills;
- Self-motivated and proactive, with respect to both managing workload and professional development;
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize work and meet multiple deadlines in a fast-paced team environment;
- Exceptional attention to detail and analytical skills to ensure accuracy of deliverables prepared;
- Ability to streamline functions and passion to learn and grow.
Working conditions and benefits :
- Competitive salary scale related to the candidate’s previous experience;
- Friendly and eco-responsible work environment;
- Working time arrangement policy;
- Group insurance and telemedicine;
- Team member discounts when visiting Germain Hotels as well as Family and Friends preferred rates;
- Reimbursement policy for physical and sports activites;
- BUT ABOVE ALL A MOTIVATED TEAM AND A DYNAMIC ORGANIZATION!