F & B Supervisor
The Courtyard Marriott is located in the heart of Montreal, near the Palais des congrès, a few minutes from the most famous underground city in the world, Place des Arts, shops and boutiques on the effervescent rue Ste-Catherine and the Old -Montreal. The hotel offers 212 spacious rooms, conference rooms, indoor swimming pool and whirlpool, exercise room as well as a restaurant, lounge bar and Coffee Shop. OBJECTIFThe Food and Beverage Supervisor reports directly to the F & B manager. They are responsible for overseeing the daily operations of food and beverage outlets, the restaurant, the banquets & catering, room service, bar lounge and Coffee Shop. They ensure that the service standards established by Rimap Hospitality Services and Marriott are met and that customer expectations are exceeded. RÔLE AND RESPONSABILITIES
· Lead and manage the restaurant, banquet, room service, hotel bar lounge service and Coffee shop teams on the floor;
· Ensure the proper functioning of the operational and administrative needs of his sector in order to achieve the various performance indicators;
· Enforce the procedures and service standards that the establishment puts in place on a daily basis;
· Participate in the development of employee schedules while respecting the collective agreement;
· Support the director in several operational and administrative tasks;
· Help in the development of action plans for the different periods of the year;
· Be a leader and an example of positivism for colleagues;
· Manage guest issues and respond quickly and professionally;
· Become fully acquainted with all of our products: dishes, alcohols and spirits, wines;
· Plan and organize departmental meetings;
· Enforce health and safety policies when handling food and drinks (MAPAQ);
· Be part of different committees
· Other duties, as assigned.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
· Have prior experience as a F & B supervisor in a unionized hotel, at least 3 years;
· Have managerial experience in a high-volume F & B establishment, minimum 3 years;
· Ability to work effectively under pressure in a fast paced and constantly changing environment;
· Knowledge of point-of-sale systems (POS system) required;
· Hold a diploma from a hotel management (in restaurant management an asset);
· Leader and autonomous with a strong sense of initiative;
· Comfort with computer software;
· Excellent communication and organizational skills;
· Interpersonal and problem-solving skills;
· Particularly responsible and reliable;
· Schedule flexibility (day, evening, weekends and holidays);
· Bilingual French / English;
· Ability to focus attention on the needs of guests, remaining calm and courteous at all times.
Minimum 3 years of experience in the restaurant business, including supervisory and management experience, is required.
* Our organization is an employer aware of professional fairness and is committed to recruiting a diverse workforce and maintaining an inclusive culture. The use of the masculine is only used for the purpose of simplifying the text. We do not discriminate on the basis of gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, age, disability or any other basis protected by provincial or federal laws.