F&B Director - Directeur de la restauration
Located in a century-old building, Hotel Nelligan has 2 restaurants and a rooftop terrace that offers magnificent views of the city of Montreal. The Verses Restaurant features a menu featuring fresh products from the market. The Méchant Boeuf, meanwhile, offers the trendy side of the city. It is therefore the rendezvous par excellence to enjoy a delicious cocktail in an electrifying atmosphere. The F&B department of the hotel is looking for a director to join its dynamic and passionate team.
The hotel is looking for an inspiring and innovative leader who will be responsible for managing its restaurant operations. The director will oversee and direct the activities of the two restaurants, the terrace, the banquets, the room service and the kitchen. In addition, he/she will implement and maintain a service and management philosophy that will guide the staff involved. His main tasks will be to plan, organize and supervise the work of the hotel catering employees to ensure an exceptional customer experience.
Essential job functions:
· Lead, motivate and inspire a team of catering professionals in their daily activities;
· Contribute to corporate objectives by maintaining superior standards in customer service and operations management;
· Maximize the profitability of operations while ensuring the maintenance of quality standards both in terms of service and products;
· Plan staff development and motivate his/her team;
· Monitor budgets and make any necessary adjustments to achieve the financial and operational objectives of the various departments under his/her responsibility;
· Supervise teams to ensure optimal cost management;
· Collaborate with the other departments of the hotel to ensure the excellence of the experience experienced by each client;
· Act as a change agent for teams to implement and maintain a service and management philosophy that will guide staff.Requirements
Qualifications and required skills:
· 5 years’ experience in food & beverage management, ideally with responsibility of several operational units;
· Significant experience in a hotel context (asset)
· University degree in hotel and restaurant management;
· Participative and innovative leader;
· Great capacity for organization, adaptation and excellent communication skills;
· Have excellent customer service skills;
· Flexibility availability (days, evenings, weekends)
· Perfectly bilingual.