The executive sous-chef ensures the smooth running of his kitchen operations. In collaboration with the executive chef, he plans, organizes, directs and controls the operation of the kitchen to ensure adequate quality and quantity standards set by the company. Involved directly in day-to-day operations, he sees in the training and the good performance of the members of his brigade. Through his leadership and management skills, he develops and maintains team spirit and creates a strong sense of belonging. He maximizes output and ensures continuous control of the different operating costs.
Essential job functions :
- Performs daily inspections of the kitchen and its parameters.
- Ensures the satisfaction of the customers by the speed of service and the quality of the presented dishes.
- Acts as trainer to brigade members, mainly members of the management team
- Manages human resources components (health and safety rules, hiring, training, scheduling, work distribution, performance evaluation, discipline, etc.)
- Ensures compliance with hygiene, sanitation, health and safety standards
- Contributes to the planning and preparation of menus for banquets and events;
- Manage the financial resources (preparation of budgets, control of operating costs, etc.) and material resources (inventory management, supplies, negotiations with suppliers, etc.) allocated to his department.
- Ensures efficient management of the food inventory to ensure the quality of the products used and minimize losses.
- Keeps track of purchases, the quality of goods received and ensures tight tracking of inventory to avoid theft
- Communicates and collaborates with the dining room management team to ensure the overall success of banquets and events
- Maintains an ongoing link with other hotel departments and various internal and external stakeholders;
- Supports the Executive Chef in his administrative duties, coordination and supervision of the work of the brigade during his shift;
- Can perform any related tasks;
Qualifications and required skills :
- Diploma in institutional cooking or equivalent;
- Minimum of 2 to 4 years as Executive Sous-chef in a comparable hotel establishment
- 4 to 10 years’ experience in personnel supervision;
- Significant experience in gourmet cooking and looking for new trends;
- Experience in high volume production with good ability to work under pressure
- Leadership and communication developed;
- Focused on teamwork and collaboration;
- Good stress management with an excellent customer approach;
- Good sense of organization and time management;
- Available for day, evening and weekend work.