Hires, trains and evaluates department personnel.
• Directs all activities of the housekeeping and laundry departments in furnishing daily service to
guest rooms and public areas. Schedules duties, such as heavy cleaning, mattress rotations,
• Prepares work schedules for staff based on projected occupancy.
• Inspects premises, guest rooms, linen rooms, and public areas to assure employees maintain
the property’s superior standards of housekeeping.
• Maintains an inventory of guest and housekeeping supplies and linen, ordering replacement of
supplies and equipment as needed.
• Creates a service environment focused on the guest, with a passion for high standards in
cleanliness. Responds promptly to customer needs.
• Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner, and develops alternative solutions.
• Coordinates staff training, including MSDS, OSHA, and safety policies.
• Maintains lost and found.
• Performs room attendant duties, when required.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Three years prior hotel housekeeping experience. Supervisory experience desired.
• Basic accounting, purchasing, and inventory skills.
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize.
• Excellent communication and customer service skills.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule, including weekends and holidays