We are looking for a chef for our 2 restaurants which will take place in a new hotel under the Hilton banner built in the heart of Montreal's Chinatown.
Tiramisu, the hotel's ground-floor restaurant, will feature a contemporary and sleek decor and specializes in Italian cuisine. The menu will be elaborated in order to please Montrealer’s, tourists, families and businessmen visiting Montreal while respecting the Asian identity of the neighbourhood. The restaurant will offer an experience rich in flavours in a friendly and elegant atmosphere at the image of Hilton group.
The second restaurant is a 4-season terrace located on the sixth floor of the hotel. Offering a festive atmosphere, the terrace will serve refreshing cocktails complemented by a selection of natural wines in addition to a French bistro-style menu. The menu will have a slight Asian touch honouring Vietnamese culinary know-how.
• Manage the human resources of its department (hiring of staff, training, distribution of work, development of schedules, performance evaluation, conflict management, etc.)
• Manage the financial (preparation of budgets, control of operating costs, etc.) and material resources (management of inventories, supplies, negotiations with suppliers, etc.)
• Ensure customer satisfaction during and after the provision of the service and handle complaints, if any
• Work in collaboration with the other services of the establishment and participate in meetings of the management committee
• Establish, apply and enforce kitchen and company policies and procedures
• Elaborate the menu à la carte, the banquet menu’s and menus for special occasions
• Responsible for the food orders, equipment’s, dishes and cleaning products
• Supervise all kitchen activities (cleanliness of kitchens and equipment, maintenance of the appliances, compliance with quality standards and food freshness, etc.)
• Perform a daily inspection of work areas and ensure the application of hygiene, sanitation, health and safety standards at work
Skills and qualifications
• Ability for human resources management (management of work teams, conflict management, etc.)
• Professional attitudes and behaviour (aptitudes for teamwork, autonomy, dynamism, interpersonal skills, honesty, versatility, sense of initiative, sense of organization, etc.)
• Knowledge of the tourism industry and customer needs
• Knowledge and application of labour standards and basic principles of health and safety, as well as hygiene and sanitation
• Skills for written and verbal communication in French and English
• Knowledge of the basic principles of the operation of relevant IT systems
• Leadership and decision-making capacity
• Stress toleranceRequirements
A minimum of 5 years of experience in the field of institutional cooking, including 3 years in supervisory and management experience, is required.