We’re Hiring – EXECUTIVE CHEF
NAV CENTRE, 1950 Montreal Rd., Cornwall, Ontario, K6H 6L2
Are you looking to work for a company that shares your passion? Would you like to grow your career in the exciting hospitality industry? Then the NAV CENTRE is the place for you! Take the opportunity to work for a company that invests in its employees and their rising career path.Your Contribution
The NAV CENTRE is seeking a dynamic individual to fill the role of Executive Chef in Cornwall, Ontario.
As Executive Chef
in Cornwall, you will be responsible for managing food service operations,
planning and supervision, and coordinating employees for meal preparation and
service and food products for the customer as well as the production of our
catering service. You will also be responsible for all aspects related to the
management of the food management process, including orders, menu development,
recipe creation, food quality assurance and all other related tasks. You will
manage the cost of food and labor as well as procedures and planning for health
and safety standards.
How You’ll Make an Impact:
* Ability to analyze and interpret financial data related to menu and food costing, purchasing and inventory control
- Good management of fixed and variable costs (cost of food and P&L), leadership, resourcefulness, etc.
- Effective planning, organizational and time management skills
- Good knowledge of Sodexo's systems (HACCP- Health and Safety etc.)
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment
- Ability to build responsible and effective work teams
- Ability to work under pressure
- Enhanced planning and organizational skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities
- Ability to motivate and develop individuals
- Efficient time management
- Concern for customer service
- Promoting and supporting diversity
- Interpersonal relations
- Responsible for conducting safe and quality operations
- Complies with all company safety and risk management policies and procedures.
- Participates in regular safety meetings, safety training and hazard assessments.
- Reports all accidents and injuries in a timely manner.
The NAV CENTRE is committed to recruiting and retaining the best talent in the industry. By joining our team, you will have the opportunity to participate in a unique and energetic environment focused on meeting excellence.
We offer employees a competitive remuneration package, along with benefits and exciting work perks, such as a fitness membership for your family. Our management team is committed to growing our team professionally and personally; offering many training and development opportunities.
To learn more about the position and to apply, please visit www.navcentre.ca/careers today.
The NAV CENTRE is committed to employment equity and diversity and we also welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. We believe that a culture of innovation and excellence is created by the mix of backgrounds, ideas and perspectives that can be found in a diverse and inclusive workforce.
We thank you for your application, but only those candidates under consideration will be contacted.
The NAV CENTRE offers an all-inclusive getaway experience for a diverse range of world-class event possibilities - from business meetings and conferences, to public receptions and private celebrations. As the largest hotel and conference centre in Eastern Ontario, we are committed to meeting excellence and can customize our packages to suit any occasion, offering our guests a delectable fusion of elegance, leisure and comfort.Requirements
What You’ll Need to Succeed:
- ITHQ diploma or equivalent experience in a high-volume setting
- Red Seal Chief's Certificate of Qualification is an asset
- Creativity in menu preparation, catering and banqueting experience are prerequisites.
- 7 to 10 years or more experience in kitchen management
- Experience in a unionized environment an asset
- A successful background check will be required
- Proof of COVID-19 full vaccination will be required
- Demonstrated written and oral communication skills in English (French an asset).
- Demonstrated experience in managing employees.
- Good computer skills (FMS, Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Order and inventory management
- Management of work schedules
- Menu planning, creativity and compliance
- Employee training