We are looking for a passionate leader in gourmet cuisine to assume the role of Executive Chef. Reporting to the Catering Director (F&B), the selected person will be responsible for all operations related to the management of the hotel's kitchens and food services. In collaboration with the other departments of the hotel, its mission will be to ensure the quality experienced by our guests. Their role will include maximizing the profitability of operations while ensuring that quality standards are maintained at both the service and production levels.
The ideal candidate is a leader who has a clear vision and who knows how to communicate his expectations positively while carrying out the appropriate follow-ups. He excels in coordinating the efforts of the teams placed under his responsibility and knows how to maximize the resources available to him. He has experience in both catering and hospitality which provides him with a holistic view of the issues related to the industry. The ideal candidate is also results oriented and shows creativity when solving problems and challenges.
Essential job functions:
- Achieving and exceeding the objectives of food costs, labour and established operational expenses;
- Design all menus in collaboration with department heads while taking into consideration current costs and trends in the preparation and presentation of dishes;
- Manage food inventories and product purchases in accordance to the hotel and company procedures
- See to the hiring, training and mobilization of kitchen brigades of the restaurant, banquets and terrace;
- Ensure compliance with various kitchen regulations such as occupational health and safety, hygiene and sanitation, etc.
Qualifications and skills required:
- Experience from 5 to 10 years as Executive Chef, ideally with the responsibility of several departments;
- Significant experience in a hotel setting;
- Leadership, decision-making capacity and stress tolerance;
- Excellent communication skills with employees, colleagues, guests and the media;
- Flexible availability (days, evenings and weekends);
- Perfect bilingualism both orally and in writing;
- Valid certification of hygiene and sanitation management;
- Good knowledge of the Office suite;
- Diploma in hotel and restaurant management (asset);