Offer published on Sep 15
Job descriptionJob Number 23161402
Job Category Event Management
Location Montreal Airport Marriott In-Terminal Hotel, 800 Place Leigh Capreol, Dorval, QC, Canada VIEW ON MAP
Located Remotely? N
Position Type Management
Responsible for preparing all event documentation and coordinates with Sales, property departments and customer to ensure consistent, high level service throughout pre-event, event and post-event phases of property events. This position primarily handles events of average complexity. Ensures their property events have a seamless turnover from sales to service back to sales. Recognizes opportunities to maximize revenue opportunities by up-selling and offering enhancements to create outstanding events.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; experienced (1 – 2 years of experience) in the event management or related professional area.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major; at least 1 year experience in the event management or related professional area required.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Event Logistics and Operations
• Ensures that events progress seamlessly by following established procedures, collaborating with other employees, and ensuring accuracy.
• Greets customer during the event phase and hands-off to the Event Operations team for the execution of details.
• Adheres to all standards, policies, and procedures.
• Ensures billing accuracy and conducts bill reviews with the clients prior to processing the final bill.
• Manages group room blocks and meeting space for average to large-sized assigned groups.
• Identifies operational challenges associated with his/her group and determines how to best work with the property staff and customer to solve these challenges\ and/or develop alternative solutions.
• Uses his/her judgment to integrate current trends in event management and event design.
• Acts as liaison between field salesperson and customer throughout the event process (pre-event, event, post-event).
• Participates in customer site inspections and assists with the sales process as necessary.
• Performs other duties as assigned to meet business needs.
• Solicits feedback from the property departments to identify areas for improvement to enhance the Event Planner’s experience.
Ensuring and Providing Exceptional Customer Service
• Delivers excellent customer service throughout the customer experience and encourages the same from other employees.
• Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service.
• Sets a positive example for guest relations.
• Coordinates and communicates event details both verbally and in writing to the customer and property operations.
• Makes presence known to customer at all times during this process.
• Oversees his/her customer experiences from file turnover through the post event phase until turnover back to sales.
• Follows up with customer post-event.
• Responds to and handles guest problems and complaints.
• Uses personal judgment and expertise to enhance the customer experience.
• Stays available to solve problems and/or suggest alternatives to previous arrangements.
• Works to continually improve customer service by integrating obtained feedback and personal judgment into action plans.
• Emphasizes guest satisfaction during all departmental meetings and focuses on continuous improvement.
• Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels.
• Ensures hourly employees understand expectations and parameters for event activities.
Leading Event Management Teams
• Conducts formal pre- and post-event meetings as required to review/communicate group needs and feedback.
• Leads formal pre-event and post-event meetings for average to large-sized assigned groups.
• Facilitates various meetings as he/she perceives necessary (Banquet Event Order meeting, block review, etc).
Supporting and Coordinating with the Sales and Marketing Function
• Assists in the sales process and revenue forecasting for customer groups.
• Up-sells products and services throughout the event process.
• Forecasts group sleeping rooms and event revenue (catering and audio visual) for his/her groups.
Conducting Human Resources Activities
• Reviews comment cards and guest satisfaction results with employees.
• Observes service behaviors of employees and provides feedback to individuals and/or managers.
• Assists in the development and implementation of corrective action plans.
• Take initiative to use his/her experience to improve service performance according to his/her evaluation of the issue and resolution.
• Works with the property staff and customers to address operational challenges associated with his/her group.
• Performs other duties as assigned to meet business needs.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
Notification to Applicants: Montreal Airport Marriott In-Terminal Hotel takes seriously its obligations under the applicable provincial legislation and will provide accommodations to job applicants needing assistance. If you require an accommodation in relation to this job posting, our online application or an interview, please call 905-366-5227 or email CanadaApplicationAccommodation@marriott.com and a member of our Human Resources team will respond to your request. Please note that this phone number and email are only for those individuals who would like to request an accessibility accommodation as part of the recruiting process.
Marriott Hotels strive to elevate the art of hospitality, innovating at every opportunity while keeping the comfort of the oh-so-familiar all around the globe. As a host with Marriott Hotels, you will help keep the promise of “Wonderful Hospitality. Always.” by delivering thoughtful, heartfelt, forward-thinking service that upholds and builds upon this living legacy. With the name that’s synonymous with hospitality the world over, we are proud to welcome you to explore a career with Marriott Hotels. In joining Marriott Hotels, you join a portfolio of brands with Marriott International. Be where you can do your best work, begin your purpose, belong to an amazing global team, and become the best version of you.