Reports to: Director of Engineering
* Due to local laws, we prioritize applicants who have permission to work in Canada, and it is essential that both English and French are spoken and written perfectly.
The Four Seasons Hotel Montreal is looking for someone who shares our passion for excellency and seeks to create a memorable experience for our employees and guests. We are looking for a person who has a strong work ethic, a high level of integrity, a concern for quality, a cultural sensitivity and a sense of customer service.
The Engineering technician insures that all repairs and maintenance are carried out with regards to all activities pertaining to the engineering division. This person will have to undertake a variety of maintenance tasks throughout the building, for either the hotel or the residences.
- Intervenes in the event of a fire emergency by executing the fire emergency procedure;
- Intervenes in the event of a power outage giving priority to rooms and kitchen services;
- Does daily maintenance rounds of the building;
- Insures all hotel equipment is functioning properly;
- For electricity: performs preventive and curative maintenance on electrical installations when possible. Keeps all logs updated;
- For telecom: responds to specific guest requests and performs all internet cable installations and helps with software setup in the rooms, when possible;
- For Audiovisual: answers specific guest requests with regards to installations of different type of A/V equipment for presentations during meetings;
- For carpentry: Maintains all woodwork in the hotel, repairs damaged furniture and builds simple furnishings. Executes all painting tasks as per Four Seasons standards and hotel requirements;
- For heating, air conditioning and equipment (HVAC), ensures and performs preventive maintenance of these systems;
- For plumbing: Maintains all plumbing related issues, repairs sanitary installations and fittings;
- First responder for service calls regarding kitchen equipment, based on the extent of the problem, repairs or advises his superior so he addresses the situation appropriately with the proper specialists;
- Executes all other related tasks
Desired qualifications and skills
- Ability to communicate fluently in English and French, both orally and in writing;
- 2 to 3 years’ experience in a similar role within a 5-star luxury environment;
- Demonstrates a very high team spirit;
- Interest and ability to provide outstanding service to our guests;
- Maintains a professional appearance and behaves in a mature manner with integrity at all times;
- Be organized, meticulous and resourceful;
- Be in good health;
- Good knowledge of Windows environment;
- Good knowledge in plumbing, HVAC, carpentry, electricity and painting;
- Must be available days, evenings and weekends;
- ‘’DEP’’ in General Building Maintenance or any other related field will be considered;
The task list specified above is a non-exhaustive one, the position will require a constant adaptation to various situations of high stress activity.
*Our organization is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. We do not discriminate on the basis of gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, age, disability or any other basis protected under provincial or federal laws.