Engineering Supervisor (Opening 2019)
* Due to local laws, we prioritize applicants who have permission to work in Canada, and it is essential that both English and French are spoken and written perfectly.
The Four Seasons Hotel Montreal is looking for someone who shares our passion for excellency and seeks to create a memorable experience for our employees and guests. We are looking for a person who has a strong work ethic, a high level of integrity, a concern for quality, a cultural sensitivity and a sense of customer service.
The engineering supervisor is a junior management position in the Engineering Department reporting to the Assistant Director of Engineering. This person will have to undertake a variety of maintenance tasks throughout the building, for either the hotel or the residences as well as supervise and assign tasks to the engineering technicians.Requirements
- Intervenes in the event of a fire emergency by executing the fire emergency procedure;
- Intervenes in the event of a power outage giving priority to rooms and kitchen services;
- Does daily maintenance rounds of the building;
- Insures all hotel equipment is functioning properly;
- Provides and supervises, service and repairs for electrical, plumbing, gas, fire & safety, HVAC, refrigeration, interior paint issues and all other related fields;
- Provides and supervises, preventive maintenance of all electrical/mechanical/plumbing equipment and updating of appropriate logs;
- Responds to guest complaints regarding the maintenance of their room or public areas in a timely manner;
- Performs and supervises, when necessary, preventive maintenance in guestrooms and public areas;
- Responds to work orders or room inspection reports submitted by Department Heads;
- Responds appropriately to all emergency conditions or safety situations such as fires, power failures, leaks, floods, etc;
- Reports any damages observed within the hotel and surrounding area, whether it is guestrooms, public areas or housing units through the Engineering reporting systems in place. Reporting to be done as soon as possible;
- Executes all other related tasks;
Desired qualifications and skills
- Ability to communicate fluently in English and French, both orally and in writing;
- 2 to 3 years’ experience in a similar role within a 5-star luxury environment;
- Demonstrates a very high team spirit;
- Interest and ability to provide outstanding service to our guests;
- Maintains a professional appearance and behaves in a mature manner with integrity at all times;
- Be organized, meticulous and resourceful;
- Be in good health;
- Good knowledge of Windows environment;
- Good knowledge in plumbing, HVAC, carpentry, electricity and painting;
- Must be available days, evenings and weekends;
- ‘’DEP’’ in a field related to Building Maintenance such as Refrigeration, Pipe fitting, Plumbing or any other related field will be considered;
The task list specified above is a non-exhaustive one, the position will require a constant adaptation to various situations of high stress activity.
*Our organization is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. We do not discriminate on the basis of gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, age, disability or any other basis protected under provincial or federal laws.