Offer published on Sep 16
About Montréal Marriott Château Champlain
Acquired in 2018 by Tidan, this hotel is located in the heart of the Montreal metropolis. The Marriott Château Champlain is a 1-minute walk from the metro, accessible by an underground route, adjacent to the Bell Centre and also by 1000 de la Gauchetière. This iconic and emblematic hotel in Montreal was completely renovated in 2021, with 36 floors, 614 rooms, 13 suites, 25 meeting rooms and can accommodate up to 1000 customers. If you are looking for a stylish and modern work environment, join the inspiring team of one of the largest hotels in downtown Montreal.
Workplace: 1 Place du Canada, Montréal, Quebec, Canada, H3B4C9
Statut: Part-time and Casual
Salary: 20.59$ per hour
The Marriott Château Champlain has always been at the heart of Montreal's tourism and commercial activity. Located in downtown Montreal, our completely renovated hotel features 614 guest rooms and suites, as well as 23 meeting rooms. In order to meet the demands of a constantly changing market, we are looking for the person who can provide our guests with an innovative, unique, and memorable experience.
Under the responsibility of the Director of Customer Experience, the door person is responsible for welcoming customers at the main entrance of the hotel in order to assist them in entering or exiting the premises, ensuring control of comings and goings, and providing assistance to individuals.
- Open the door for guests and welcome them
- Retrieve luggage from vehicles
- Transport luggage to the reception area or to vehicles if necessary
- Direct guests to parking areas
- Hail taxis and assist people in getting into vehicles
- Respond to various guest inquiries, including inquiries about the services of the establishment and the main tourist attractions in the region
- Deny entry to intruders or unwanted visitors
- Report suspicious behavior to security personnel
- Ensure cleanliness and safety of the premises
- Customer service skills
- Professional attitudes and behavior (teamwork skills, autonomy, dynamism, interpersonal skills, honesty, versatility, initiative, organizational skills, etc.)
- Verbal communication skills
- Ability to handle stress
- Bilingualism in French/English is essential
- Knowledge of the immediate area and tourist points of interest
- Tolerance for outdoor work in various weather conditions.
Who are we:
Tidan is a hotel and real estate group in business for 52 years with a portfolio of 12 hotels and more than 65 real estate properties, as well as the largest tennis club across North America. At Tidan, the well-being of its employees is important. To this end, several policies have been developed and implemented.
To learn more about Tidan, visit our website: https://www.tidan.com/en/.
Why join our team:
Apart from competitive salaries, we offer benefits, such as group insurance which includes life insurance, disability insurance, and medical and dental insurance, in addition to vision care. Our employees have 24/7 virtual access to healthcare professionals through the Employee Assistance Program. You have personal days and vacations that are planned according to the department and the hotel you join. In addition, a pension plan is also offered. A bonus is also provided via our referral program and more.
Social life is at the heart of the company, especially after the pandemic, each hotel has a social calendar. Whether you're on the frontline operations team or in a leadership role, the Tidan Human Resources team is always there to listen and support you on your journey through the company.
We believe in teamwork and are committed to creating a high-performing team, whether through training or by strengthening team relationships. We have an admiration for our employees who set themselves professional challenges, and we support them in achieving them. Take the step and join the Tidan team through our many job opportunities, whether in the hotel or real estate sector, there is a place for you.
Diplôme d'étude secondaire