Director Sales and Marketing
Under the authority of the General Manager, the incumbent is responsible for planning, organizing, directing and controlling promotional, sales and marketing activities. He is responsible for the development of the strategies and sales procedures, commercial research and business partnerships. He directs, trains and motivates sales staff. Develop strategies, plans and marketing tools to maximize occupancy and average rates.
- Develops annual revenue budget and marketing plan and leads sales efforts according to marketing plan.
- Develops and executes the hotel's marketing strategy.
- Develops and maintains business opportunities through prospecting calls, "sales force", fairs, exhibitions and other sources.
- Supports sales efforts of the regional team and works together to maximize business opportunities and achieve goals.
- Maintains business relationships with competing hotels, chambers of commerce, tourist offices, convention centers, etc.
- Manages the sales department and directs the efforts of his team to achieve the desired sales and profits.
- Establishes the rate structure and goals for team members.
- Establishes and maintains privileged business relationships with major and potential account managers through courtesy calls, corporate visits, correspondence and entertainment, ensuring their satisfaction and minimizing the cancellation rate.
- Evaluate current and future needs.
- Analyzes results and sales reports.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a hotel sales management position is required.
- The candidate must have a perfect command of French and English.
- Able to travel occasionally,
- Must demonstrate engaging, structured and accessible leadership skills