Offer published on Sep 18
We are in search of a dynamic, motivated and passionate individual seeking a new and exciting career challenge. This individual will have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in Sales and within the hotel industry. Under the leadership of the regional general manager, this candidate will be responsible for client prospecting and market analysis, maintain and develop the following market segments: corporate, group, SMERF, association, government.
As well, this individual will be responsible for sales strategies, comp set and market analysis, RTB and RFP completion, coordination and interdepartmental communication, weekly/monthly reporting and sales planning. This individual will also be involved in rate structure strategies in collaboration with the general manager and revenue manager.
This candidate is prepared to:
- Successfully complete all required Brand trainings
- Manage all sales activities; contract proposals and documentation
- Manage all prospecting, telephone solicitation calls, email requests and client inspection visits and presentations
- Maintain and develop corporate and group sales
- Work in collaboration with hotel Reception teams in the aim of promoting and coordinating interdepartmental communication (restaurant, reception, housekeeping etc.)
- Attend weekly sales & revenue management calls/meetings and ensure daily follow-up
- In collaboration with the general manager and revenue manager, produce the annual budget plan by segment
- Participate in sales activities, special events and conduct routine market analysis
- Attain annual revenue objectives, analyze promotional activities etc.
- Be responsible to meet Sales objectives, targets and goals as set for the year
- Prepare all sales reports including weekly and monthly sales, statistics, forecasting and financial reporting as it relates to sales
- Maintain and update client accounts and ensure the respect of company and hotel standards and procedures as set forth by hotel management and the brand
- Participate in outside sales activities, associations and partners
- Perform any and all tasks as assigned by management
- DEC in tourism or hotel management and/or equivalent experience; 5 years sales experience within the hotel industry and/or the tourism industry
- Excellent written and verbal communication (French and English)
- Demonstrate interpersonal qualities with clients, guests, colleagues and suppliers
- Strong sales and negotiation skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Highly motivated individual, capable of decision making and able to work under pressure to overcome possible obstacles
- Possess analytical skills
- Respect deadlines and timely reporting
- Windows environment;
- Has worked with hotel PMS - Choice Advantage and Delphi a plus
- Has a valid driver's permit
- Road work and available to occasionally travel
- Occasionally required to work outside of working hours and possibly on certain weekends
- Be available to respond to urgent calls outside of regular working hours
WHY YOU SHOULD APPLY?
- Competitive employee benefit package
- Employee discount programs and hotel employee rates across the world at branded hotels
- Sales - Bonus plan (role specific)
- Brand specific training and development
OUR CORE VALUES
Palm Holdings is a family organization and we treat our team mates with the same love, care and respect as those in our family. We do this by ensuring guests, and team mates feel valued, special and recognized. Our company’s culture is based on our core values. As a Company we are committed to behaving with Authenticity, and encouraging Boldness as a United family. These core values together create our family environment both for us as a team, and for the guests who we host in their “home away from home”.
We maintain a strong “giving back” culture. Palm Holdings partners with “Clean the World” to help prevent millions of hygiene-related deaths each year and reduce environmental waste. The Palm Holdings Charitable Foundation donates 100% of proceeds to causes that impact the lives of the underprivileged. With a focus on helping those that are affected by causes related to health care, housing, research, and education.