Director of Sales and Marketing (with regional responsabilities)
Under the authority of the General Manager, the incumbent is responsible for planning, organizing, directing, and controlling promotional, sales and marketing activities and efforts for the Renaissance Montreal Downtown as well as for the new Hampton Inn and Homewood Suites Montreal Downtown, which are scheduled to open in June. He is responsible for the development of the strategies and sales procedures, commercial research, and business partnerships. He directs, trains, and motivates sales staff. Develop strategies, plans and marketing tools to maximize occupancy and average rates of all hotels.
- Develops annual revenue budget and marketing plan and leads sales efforts according to the marketing plan for each hotel.
- Develops and maintains business opportunities through prospecting calls, "sales force", fairs, exhibitions, and other sources.
- Establishes and maintains privileged business relationships with major and potential account managers through courtesy calls, corporate visits, correspondence, and entertainment, ensuring their satisfaction and minimizing the cancellation rate.
- Manages the sales department, elaborates the strategy, and directs the efforts of his team to achieve the desired sales and profits for each hotel.
- Elaborates and execute the opening strategy plan for the new hotels; Develop the sales structure, sales systems and procedures, and all other sales initiatives required for the opening of the new hotels.
- Supports sales efforts of the regional team and works together to maximize business opportunities and achieve goals.
- Establishes the rate structure of each hotels and goals for team members.
- Actively participate in the Revenue Management process by analyzing reports, data, and trends.
- Maintains business relationships with competing hotels, chambers of commerce, tourist offices, convention centers, etc.
- Develops an annual Marketing plan including strategies for social media, digital marketing, web sites, public relation, and partnerships for each hotel. Actively supports all initiatives.
- Responsible for the on-line and social media strategy. Ensure proper visibility and presence, and actively participate in the creation of content.
- Elaborates and execute the opening strategy plan for the new hotels – Ensure all promotional and visibility initiatives are properly executed.
- Maintains each hotel’s web site and ensure their conformity to their brands and makes necessary adjustment for promotional campaigns.
- Creates sales tools, brochures, and other visuals to support the sales team and their efforts.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in a hotel sales leadership position is required.
- The candidate must have a perfect command of French and English (written and oral)
- Creative, energetic and result and guest service oriented personality.
- Able to travel occasionally.
- Must demonstrate engaging, structured and accessible leadership skills